Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 11:51 PM   #41
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Indy? Why the hell would anyone want to be there? (and Louisville isn't important, anyway!) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-10-2004, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Old 08-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #42
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Easy there, with your territorial redneck ways, Dron! lol...

Gangrell, I think too many people think that "Literature" is the realm of "BS." I've always been of the opinion that it was of very real substance, but I also hate it when English teachers try to teach it as if it were a science...I'll never think of writing as a science, and I hope that a new generation of lit students will see it that way, and not try to train the next generation to be cookie-cutter writers...

I love the way the english language has so much room for expansion!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:04 PM   #43
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
Easy there, with your territorial redneck ways, Dron! lol...
Damn straight and proud of it

Well Ilander, I think I'm only going to go so far with the Lit. classes because up here, once you advance so far, I've heard horror stories that if you get anything gramatically wrong, instant zero [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2004, 02:07 PM   #44
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Don't be lawyer, Ilander, as the writing is very formulaic. Flowery words are definately NOT appreciated. I am constantly instructed to write so that "the idiot with ADD" can understand what I'm saying.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:12 PM   #45
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Just to join the fray:

Hmmmm.... let's see:

Kentucky: more miles of natural running water than any other state but Alaska.

Indiana: 5th most contaminated state in the nations, mostly due to fertilizers and pesticides, but let's not forget *cough* Gary *cough, cough, cough, wheeeze*

Ohio: The land where no one knows how to drive in the proper lane, and proudly boasting *cough* Cleveland *cough* and *cough* Columbus *cough* as major cities.

Not a tough decision for me. I'll make an exception for Cincinatti and West Layfayette, neither of which really belongs in the state it's in. Other than that, I'll stick to lands of bluegrass.

Now, who's pissed at me?

[img]graemlins/outtahere.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2004, 02:15 PM   #46
Aerich
Lord Ao

Check out some history classes, Ilander. It'll give you a chance to polish your writing and research skills in a different way than Lit does. Besides, history is fascinating, and you might find it more interesting and useful than Lit.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:22 PM   #47
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Now, who's pissed at me?
No, but I have one of my own actually.

Indiana: Being redneck based as we are, not very much crime and the only homocide we had was a couple of years ago.

Kentucky: Highest illteracy rating (statisticly proven of course ) in the states and they're just racking up the violence, or maybe that's just Louisville, considering I hear about a shootout there about every other night on the news [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ok, now who's pissed at me? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2004, 02:57 PM   #48
Stratos
Vampire

Why, I'll be study at Uni too this fall. Not in Kentucky, though.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:00 AM   #49
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I really wouldn't think so, Stratos...I doubt we'll have too terribly many Swedes...but I imagine there'll be a couple, at least, what with a freshman class of 10k this year...

Oh, and TL, I currently live close enough to Cincinati that I'm perfectly happy that it's an Ohioan city...I think that it's the murder capital of the US...I think they average nearly one per day!

Oh, and Gangrell, you shouldn't pull punches...remember, we're also the second most obese state in the most obese country in the world...soooooo....well, lets just say we have a few overweight people...

But Kentucky certainly does have charm...no one can ever take away the pleasant images I have of looking at the islands on the Ohio River from atop the hill on my family's farm, especially at sunset...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #50
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
Oh, and Gangrell, you shouldn't pull punches...remember, we're also the second most obese state in the most obese country in the world...soooooo....well, lets just say we have a few overweight people...
What a way to stick up for your state [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

I won't say Kentucky is all bad, just Louisville. Actually I was born there, and at the time I lived in Frankfort, now where we were, that was a beautiful place. From what I can remember of course, I was 3-4 when my family moved here, had an apartment with a playground outside right beside a lake, I wonder how it looks now [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

But you know, I'm going to uni in a year, so here's a toast to you and the possibility of bumping into you someday. Cheers [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]