Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 02:48 AM   #1
Djinn Raffo
Ra

ladyzekke! Its ok ladyzekke I saw it! The show Americas Most Wanted on Sat Night!!!!!! I saw it. Everyone read on!:

Lol but i thought it sucked!

sorry but that John Walsh dude, the host, was just a little too big of a pill to swallow...u know what im sayin...? The guy's a f'in dipsh%zam. I'm sorry...thats how i saw it! I did not like him.

I did however see an excellent show on CBC newsworld about the current world sitch and events that led us here.

And one thing stuck out at me.

I will now get a lot of flames and a lot of negativity for this I think but i hope not! IMHO u hear?!!?! IMHO I am not anti-american. I want to convey some thoughts in a civilized manner. You are all my friends. Please remain so.

Listen now...

I am a North American...a Canadian to be exact.

When America is hit it reverbates here. I can imagine how pissed America is. I get U.S. t.v. and see at least that aspect of the sitch as well as the aspect i project...which is a total and utterly disgusting crime against civilization as I know it.

I get physically and mentally ill when i see the images of New York on Tuesday on t.v. and the web.

I know t.v. is an exageration and a tool of the unconcious as well as just a simple tool...i take it with a grain of salt. I know how to tell the difference between directing and edited style (good and bad) and production values etc. (good and bad).

And I know tradgedy.

A lot of the t.v. i have seen i accuse of stirring the pot!

A lot of the t.v. i have seen i praise for making me weep!

Now do you all remember that Sudanese pharmaceutical plant missiled in 1998?

A plant accused by the west as engaging in chemical weapons manufacturing?

Well some higher-ups said this plant was a chem weapons facility. Other higher-ups said it wasnt. And both the higher-ups wont show the evidence they have for either side. A night watch man died in the plant in a us launched missle attack...and imho (ya hear: i said IMHO) the evidence says it was not a chem weapons facility.

What that means is: that in 1998 the US launched missles without declaring war at sites in the Islamic country of Sudan. Now the US did think that this site was engaging in the production of weapons of mass destrucion...(IMHO)...the fact of the matter is...it wasnt. It was a fk up!

And US attacked, launched missiles, at the soveriegn state of the Sudan and an innocent man died. A simple night watchman.

Now I think we westerners did not realize how much fundamentalists hate our way of life. And i think the biggest mistake they could of made was making us realize that they hate us...and in effect: Make us hate them!

I am real scared that a third world war has started. I think it has. And the crime calls out for justice! And justice...retribution will be terrible in its reckoning.

I think the west and the fundamentalists have been at war already for awhile!

I think that the tube forgot to tell the people that there was a war!

I think the govt.'s of the west forgot to tell the people that there was a war.

There was a war!

There is a war!

I am kinda nervous. And I wish everyone could feel safe...and be able to smile and just be cool...u know???!!!

Ah...ah...
Old 09-16-2001, 02:55 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I agree.
I've been very upset with the aloof of a lot of people here in Singapore over lack of sympathy and seriousness over the event..
I had a chat with my father about it, and he said something that stuck:
They can be sympathetic, but they all can't take our side.
US enemies like China can pledge their support, their sorrow, but in the end they dont take it personally because China and the US have been at odds for a very long time!
They can aid the US, but they are'nt our friends. They condemn the act, but they support the intent(as in striking the USA)
Thats why the Chinese in China celebrated(some of them) when they heard the news, while condemning it for the loss of life. Its not that they are'nt sympathetic, its just that they are'nt sorry.
The know that the US (in their opinions) had it coming, and they are'nt sorry it happened, though they sympathise with the loss of life and material, it doesnt bother them.

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-16-2001, 02:57 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Hi Dijjin:

Well we have a diffrent president now. Cilton launched the attacks in Sudan, tis a whole diffrent story in now..They attack US! The USA!

Even if bin Ladin didnt do this act in particular, we have a ton of otehr stuff to convict him for..

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

"You guys way off,you guys kick ass, Live at Buddahkhan, Intenceidy-in-tence-city"
Old 09-16-2001, 03:00 AM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I know I know...I just am real nervous all...
Old 09-16-2001, 03:00 AM   #5
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
ladyzekke! Its ok ladyzekke I saw it! The show Americas Most Wanted on Sat Night!!!!!! I saw it. Everyone read on!:

Lol but i thought it sucked!

sorry but that John Walsh dude, the host, was just a little too big of a pill to swallow...u know what im sayin...? The guy's a f'in dipsh%zam. I'm sorry...thats how i saw it! I did not like him.

Well Sheeeit! Other countries want to talk about America not knowing what's up in other countries!
Are you aware that quite a few years ago, Mr. Walsh lost his son to a kidnapping and all they found was the boy's head?(any Americans remember Adam Walsh?) His son I believe was around 5(he was born the same day and year I was). They never found the guy that did it before he died, sometime later in prison for an unrelated crime! Then another inmate stepped forward to say it had been confessed to him. Mr. Walsh has been on a cruisade since to bring in the bad guys. Has a pretty good track record too. That's one man I hope to never see put down again!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 03:05 AM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I did know that Liliara.

But I still think he comes across as a used car salesman!

I dont like him...I'm sorry.

I dont mean to diminish any personal tradgedy the man has gone through...but still...IMHO...i didnt like him~!

~~~~~~~sorry~~~~~~~~
Old 09-16-2001, 03:33 AM   #7
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
I did know that Liliara.

But I still think he comes across as a used car salesman!

I dont like him...I'm sorry.

I dont mean to diminish any personal tradgedy the man has gone through...but still...IMHO...i didnt like him~!

~~~~~~~sorry~~~~~~~~

Hmmmm..... A little disturbing, but it IS your OPINION!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-16-2001, 03:42 AM   #8
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

I see Russia, Belgium and France are beginning to get a little nervous, possibly following this statement by the US dep. defense secetary - 'It's not just a matter of capturing people and holding them accountable, but removing the santuries, removing the support systems, *ending states who sponsor terrorism*. (my italics).

'Ending states?' This looks pretty much like a threat against Iraq. France has said they are not at war against Islam. Russia has said there is no way they are going to participate in any revenge attacks.

Attacking even one Muslim state will disipate the goodwill and sympathy currently coming from the Middle East. To my mind, that would be a very bad move! Many many innocent civilians will be killed. There is also the certainty of reprisals, in which more of your people will be killed. (Let's not become like the terrorists.) I do not want to see World War III, and I'm sure no-one else does either.

If Saddam has funded and supported terrorist groups (I'd say it was pretty much a foregone conclusion, that one).... the problem is, how do you kill murderous bastards like him without killing untold numbers of civilians? Saddam doesn't care about Iraq being under fire. He just crawls deeper into his nice safe bunkers, whilst his people take the brunt of the attack. He's done it before and he'll do it again. That's what tyrants and dictators do. They make sure they are nice and safe, whilst it is their people that reap the harvest of their leaders' sowing.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 04:38 AM   #9
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I dont think in war u worry about the civilians Silver Cheetah! ( i know u sayin that too!)

Unfortunatly thats what makes it war!

Thanks Liliara...fer seein it as my humble opinion~! In my defence I see it like this: Hitler had a bad childhood...well he still a loser...Walsh went through heart wrenching and disgusting tradgedy...well he still a loser...I'm sorry!!!!!!!I see it as your humble opinion too...Lets just ferget about Walsh!

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-16-2001).]