Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 05:48 PM   #1
Lord Shield

I just had my players give an embarassing takedown in my PnP game today - this also reminded me of one a few years back

Today's game:
2 8th lvl fighters, 1 8th lvl Ranger/Fighter, 1 8th level Bard/Invoker (DM character)

They knew there was a beholder between them and exit and wanted to sneak past it if possible. The dwarf went ahead as he had night vision. He saw shafts in the ground and looked down one - I figured a 1 in 6 chance that was the shaft the beholder was in - I rolled a 1 - it was 50' below him

It spotted him (they have +20 spot) but he beat its initiative by 1 point - he dived down the shaft with trident (found) outstretched - t dodged and hit the bottom of the 100' shaft for 36points of damage

he took repeating crossbow and started shooting it up the butt -difficult shot but he has tonnes of shooting feats - t rose out of shaft (ooch ouch) to be bushwacked by surface players doing full-attack feats - they knocked it out and it fell to bottom of shaft for 37 points of damage - splat!

years ago ran a Basic D&D module "Into The Maelstrom" - my brother took stock 30th level mage - Martin took 30th level fighter

They found a cave which had a GARGANTUAN beholder (8 times the Hit Dice, 4 times the damage)- VERY dangerous

Fighter did 4 attacks with Smash option on central eye
My brother then did this:
Tmestop for 5 rounds
3 Delayed Blast Fireballs above its head
Wall of Stone surrounding it
Dissolve (Rock to Mud) on ceiling
The tmestop ended, the freballs blasted the remainng eyes off but it was still alive - mud landed inStone "BOWL"
Mage then cast Mud to Rock
Having given it a concrete overcoat they pushed it off the mountain (Fighter had Girdle of Gant Strength)

OUCH!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 08-12-2001).]

Old 08-12-2001, 06:14 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL, Lord Shield! Those were hilarious! It's been years since I remember any of my PnP days, but there were some great moments there.

Have you seen the online polls at WebRPG? Those are a scream! I love reading through them...some of the most hilarious moments in PnP gaming. Most of them are AD&D related, but some are VtM, Shadowrun, Star Wars, etc, as well.

For those of you who haven't seen it, check out this page:

http://www.webrpg.com/survey/index.phtml

and plan to spend at LEAST a few days there! Definitely a bookmarkable site!

Cheers,

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 06:34 PM   #3
Lord Shield

Another one for you guys:

Lord Shield's daughter (a vampire named Yrresh) was engaged to an earth occultist (Jason Critchlow)- this was a DC Heroes game and although LS was unavailable his armies/general protected his family from harm while in that universe

A balrog enemy of Shield's was rying to force marriage with Yrresh to get shadow armies onhis side - rather than fight him the characters married the two characters together - he didn't DARE touch them after that :O:O

------------------

Old 08-13-2001, 11:04 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

What's really needed is some way to play PnP online, it won't be as good as sitting around a table with your friends but some of us don't really have anyone to play with most of the time.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
What's really needed is some way to play PnP online, it won't be as good as sitting around a table with your friends but some of us don't really have anyone to play with most of the time.
My answer to that is

http://pub69.ezboard.com/btheabyss40673

------------------