Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-09-2001, 11:22 PM   #31
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well... LOL... So much has transpired since my last post here.

I bet a lot of you are appreciating the Ironworks Forum much more than before. Absence makes the heart feel stronger. Heck, I swear, there is no forum anywhere on the entire Internet that compares to this place, in my opinion. I have always felt comfortable, and at home, here. Great frikken place too for asking gaming questions. You can post a question, and get tons of answers instantly, tis excellent, everyone here is excellent.

Thank you Dan for all your work moving servers. Had to be a huge Pain in the Ass.. And huh! Readyjoking "we are ready, hehe, just joking" BAH!!!! GRRRR..
G

DITTO!

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 08-09-2001, 11:35 PM   #32
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well... LOL... So much has transpired since my last post here.

I bet a lot of you are appreciating the Ironworks Forum much more than before. Absence makes the heart feel stronger. Heck, I swear, there is no forum anywhere on the entire Internet that compares to this place, in my opinion. I have always felt comfortable, and at home, here. Great frikken place too for asking gaming questions. You can post a question, and get tons of answers instantly, tis excellent, everyone here is excellent.

Thank you Dan for all your work moving servers. Had to be a huge Pain in the Ass.. And huh! Readyjoking "we are ready, hehe, just joking" BAH!!!! GRRRR..
G

Well said ladyzekke...

Old 08-11-2001, 09:57 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

bumping ... nostalgic again.. sigh
Old 08-12-2001, 04:19 PM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm having a little lag in dl pages but it's MUCH better than before the old server got screwy!

LazyWendy.. you bet Ironworks looks better than ever.. missed my old stomping grounds immensely! sigh

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 08-12-2001, 05:16 PM   #35
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Even though I am not one of the "Main posters" here on the boards I still love the IW forums, they are the best forums I've ever posted in, it's amazing that there is no flaming here, I also frequent the boards of

http://www.synthetic-reality.com , good boards, but they have been infected with infantile, flaming little [Censored]s, but they also have a well-sized population of nice people, but back to the topic, IW has helped me a lot and I've met some of the nicest, most helpful and just generally friendly people I've ever met, including in life outside of IW, most people would have said "Real Life" instead of "Life outside of IW", but for me IW and all the friendly people there are part of my life in a way, I joined the boards in March, or was it April, no matter, suffice to say it's been wonderful, and I'm sure it will continue to be so for a long time.

I count you all among my friends.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:52 AM   #36
Sigmar
Unicorn

Lady Zekke, the points you made were terrific but more importently true. Some of us posters didn't just come from Mithril hall,no. We were in BgDungeon, I thought that site was terrific and I thought the forums were brilliant. Towards the end of Bgdungeon's forums, things went from bad to worse and thats when I reliased that we were not a community, there were trolls everywhere, spammers and posts that made Bagger's seem like delicate poems ruled the sight now. One day I just said no and left for good, a couple of days later Bgdungeon closed down its forum. Then I found this site, Ironworks. One look at the forums told me that this is a helpful, friendly community, not a troll to be seen. Great stuff, good work moderators.

------------------
"In Ankh-Morpork curiosity killed the cat, tied weights to its legs and then threw it in the river."

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB