Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Exclamation What the HELL is going on in China with these child murders with knives?

Crazy sick. I bring it up because it's now happened a few times. Some nutjob goes into a kidnergarden/school and hacks childern to death.

I just don't understand how someone can do that to a child. hell, anyone....

Anyone have clue on this?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ex.html?hpt=T2

China school attacks in 2010
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ine/index.html

March 23: A man stabs eight students to death and wounds five others at an elementary school in Fujian province. The attacker, a former community doctor, was executed.
April 28: A male teacher barged into a primary school in southern Guangdong province, wounding 16 pupils and a teacher.
April 29: An unemployed man stormed into a kindergarten in Taixing city in Jiangsu province with a knife. At least 28 children were injured, most of them four year olds.
April 30: A farmer entered a village school in Shandong province and attacked preschool students with a hammer, causing head injuries. He then set himself on fire and died.
May 12: Seven children were killed, and at least 20 others wounded after an attack at a kindergarten in Shaanxi province.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Default Re: What the HELL is going on in China with these child murders with knives?

Yeah I keep reading it in the news and it makes me sick (And after trolling 4chan for years it takes a lot to make me sick)

Who the hell are these people that think murdering children to get attention is the right thing to do?

I understand very well that we all can act outrageously over things we care about, but damn, thats so wrong, and for so many people to be doing it is very odd.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: What the HELL is going on in China with these child murders with knives?

Yeah, it's like the new 'thing to do' kinda like school shootings here.. happening in a row.
What is 4chan? Hope they lock these schools doors while in session. It's crazy!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I think part of the problem lies in the amount of people in China - I know I know - how can I possibly say that it means some nutjobs will go out and kill the kids - thing is I think that childrens lives ( especially girls ) are valued less in China as they battle the production of small ones to keep from breeding themselves to death.

What I am getting at is that there may be a slight tendency in the normal psyche of chinese to de-value kids - and in the nutjobs this is then much worse and they end up spreeing with axes and stuff...

just fyi: this is TOTALLY my theory and I have nothing other than my whacked brain to support this theory.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

I'm inclined to disagree with that assessement. Being allowed to have only 1 or 2 (under special cicumstances) would in my opinion make the ones you have that much more valued. Actually they've been considering repealing that law, because their research shows that current trends will cut chinese population in half within the next 10 years.

As for the why, I haven't got the foggiest. But mental illness isn't farfetched.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
I'm inclined to disagree with that assessement. Being allowed to have only 1 or 2 (under special cicumstances) would in my opinion make the ones you have that much more valued.
This.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #7
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
I'm inclined to disagree with that assessement. Being allowed to have only 1 or 2 (under special cicumstances) would in my opinion make the ones you have that much more valued.
From a Western perspective, yes. Maybe even from a Chinese parent's perspective if not for the tendency to drown their less valued baby girls to try for a more valued baby boy...

I think Sparhawk's theory holds water. In a country with so many people, one life (adult, child, whatever) may not be worth quite as much as it would be in less populated places, and that is just from the perspective of the normal people in that country. For the abnormal people, just as it is elsewhere in the world, it's fair to say that one life may be worth far less still.

Quote:
Actually they've been considering repealing that law, because their research shows that current trends will cut chinese population in half within the next 10 years.
It's basic math that if it takes two people to make one person and only one person allowed to be made for every two people, then at some point the population will halve. But is there really that many people about to fall off the perch in China? Even 50 years seems quite impossible.

Far more likely that the old law would be abolished to increase population in order to sustain China's economic growth.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:59 AM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

They are less inclined to kill a first born female than they used to be. That's the special circumstances clause. They are allowed to try for a second child if their first was a girl. Not saying it doesn't still happen. But not as much as it used to.

And I'm just quoting what I read in an article on MSN last week.

At any rate that doesn't explain what causes these people to have a psychotic episode and run off to slaughter children.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:11 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: What the HELL is going on in China with these child murders with knives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
I think part of the problem lies in the amount of people in China - I know I know - how can I possibly say that it means some nutjobs will go out and kill the kids - thing is I think that childrens lives ( especially girls ) are valued less in China as they battle the production of small ones to keep from breeding themselves to death.

What I am getting at is that there may be a slight tendency in the normal psyche of chinese to de-value kids - and in the nutjobs this is then much worse and they end up spreeing with axes and stuff...

just fyi: this is TOTALLY my theory and I have nothing other than my whacked brain to support this theory.
Good observations . Yes, and it doesn't have to be a mental disorder (even though, to us, it seems like one) to be true. Simply a form of conditioning inherent to the Chinese mindset, perhaps. Like the way a certain mentality is held by an entire region, such as, a small kinda rural town that seems to place a much lower value on animal life (i.e. stray dogs or their own pets) where, a few miles north you would find quite a different attitude and mindset. While it might be horrifying to witness this contrast, it is what they are used to and has been accepted as "the norm".