Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have played the game now for several times but cant find anything good about it compared to WOW who are so very easy and nice! The interface is terrible too sheesh. Even the characters look nasty what ever you trie to make them look cool!

So why do you think this game is so very cool compared to WOW?

[ 09-02-2005, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It's free. Beyond that, WoW curbstomps it.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I played both GW and WoW. Bought GW Collector's Edition. WoW does not stomp it. Far from it. To me, the interface and the eight skill slots is simpler and quicker to use than WoW's system. And it means that no class will be immune to everything with only 8 skills that you can use. And the balance of the game is most awesome. Plus, there are no people who are 34 levels above you, and decide to kill you because they're bored. Every last inch of bad gaming moments was removed from GW.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If you got a good computer you can take your sweet time doing a quest/mission or go afk out in the wilderness since you have have the entire map to yourself without worrying a jerk who goes " 0|\/|f9 j00 |\|00|} p|< p|< !!!11!! "
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Plus, there are no people who are 34 levels above you, and decide to kill you because they're bored.
That only happens on PvP servers. And shame on anyone who expects better behavior when they choose to pick a PvP server.

Quote:
And it means that no class will be immune to everything with only 8 skills that you can use. And the balance of the game is most awesome.
I have to agree. Blizzard has done such a craptastic job with balancing any of their games. It was no surprise that they royally messed up WoW PvP balance. But the imbalance is greatly reduced when you are doing PvP battles, like the game was designed for. 1v1 PvP will never be perfected in WoW.

Honestly though, I never played GW. I played WoW and was seriously hooked on it, but for the most part I got over with the game. But WoW was fun and Blizzard (aside from several issues) did a great job. A great job to feed the masses. However I think most "hardcore" Warcraft fans were a little dissapointed with how it turned out. And that includes me.

I'm just waiting for the WoW expansion to be announced and see what will be new.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

The PVP in GW is to me much more appealing than the WoW PVP. And also GW is not p2p.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:04 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
And also GW is not p2p.
But it's also not massively multiplayer. It's just a bunch of instances build around a city.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #8
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
I played both GW and WoW. Bought GW Collector's Edition. WoW does not stomp it. Far from it. To me, the interface and the eight skill slots is simpler and quicker to use than WoW's system. And it means that no class will be immune to everything with only 8 skills that you can use. And the balance of the game is most awesome. Plus, there are no people who are 34 levels above you, and decide to kill you because they're bored. Every last inch of bad gaming moments was removed from GW.
1) No class in WoW is immune to the other.
2) When has blizzard ever screwed up on balance, besides once with the paladins (the situation was rectified in a patch)?
3) Honor system means you'r punished for it, and I've NEVER heard anyone say that they've been stomped by someone 34+ levels unless they've dueled them first.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
1) No class in WoW is immune to the other.
2) When has blizzard ever screwed up on balance, besides once with the paladins (the situation was rectified in a patch)?
3) Honor system means you'r punished for it, and I've NEVER heard anyone say that they've been stomped by someone 34+ levels unless they've dueled them first.
[/QUOTE]In regards to your first two points. Blizzard always screws up balance. Always. PvP right now still is imbalanced for some classes, and some classes have believe it or not, have had "dominating" advantages on PvP. But people really miss the point that PvP in WoW is meant for large scale attacks, not 5v5. Still though, some classes are generally harder to kill than others.

In regards to your third statement, you should play on major PvP servers more often. People are always ganking other people in starting or secondary regions. And there really is no major penalty except you get no Honor Points.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

What is so good ? The fact that they have just released 2 free new areas with over 24 new quests, items, traders. Also they have release a free new music track to go along with it.

They have also been constantly tweaking and changing skills to balance the PvE and PvP experences.

ANets commitment to their player base is really outstanding.