Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 04:12 PM   #1
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it possible to dual class humans whose starting kit is one of those special ones like the archer or kensai?

I keep seeing people mentioning having a “Kensai/Mage”. I’d like one of those and I’d also like an Archer/Mage.

My ability scores will allow dualling into the mage kit, but the ‘dual class’ button is always unhighlighted and I cant do it.

Can only certain special kits be turned into dual class characters? If so, where can I find a list of those characters?

Any info would help.
Old 10-31-2001, 04:21 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes you can dual from a kit. An archer mage however is not possible because the archer is a kit for the ranger class and a ranger can't dual to a mage.
A kensai, wich is a kit of the fighter class, should be able to dual to a mage. If it isn't working for you, take another look at your stats, maybe you overlooked something. Otherwise it should work.

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 10-31-2001, 04:29 PM   #3
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you know where I could find a list of what classes could (or can't) dual into other classes?

IE

Fighter / Bersereker / Wiz Slayer / Kensai can dual into XXXX, XXXX, XXXX

Ranger can (or cant) dual into XXXX, XXXX, XXXX or anything for that matter..

Also, can I dual into another special kit? Do you know where to find a list of those restrictions?

[This message has been edited by AcePylut (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 04:36 PM   #4
Kaleban
Manshoon

Dual-class options are the same as the allowable multi-class options by race. No triple-classing though!

Also, if you dual class, the only class that can take a kit is the FIRST class, so there can be no Fighter-Conjurors in BG2. Nor Fighter-Assassins, etc.

------------------
He Will Win
Whose Army Is Animated
By The Same Spirit
Throughout Its Ranks

Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Old 10-31-2001, 04:36 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

You can find out by using your game. Create a new non human character and when the time comes to chose you class select multiclass. Every dual class must have the some multiclass. ie if there is a fighter/cleric multiclass option you can become a fighter/cleric dual class. If your desired dual class doesn't appear as a multiclass, it can't be done. With regards to kits. If the class to wich the kit belongs can multiclass then you can dual class from that kit. ie if there is a fighter/cleric multiclass you can dual class a kensai into a kensai/cleric if you would want to. You can't dual class to a kit though. So a kensai/assasin isn't possible. Paladins, monks, barbarians and sorcerors can't dual class and you can't dual class to these classes neither. I hope that made sense.

------------------
JR

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 10-31-2001, 04:40 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

You forgot bards, druids, and rangers

------------------
toss the dice
Old 10-31-2001, 04:43 PM   #7
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks - I got it now...
Old 10-31-2001, 04:54 PM   #8
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
You forgot bards, druids, and rangers

Half-right. Bards can't dual class. You can be a fighter/druid or ranger/cleric though.

------------------
JR

Old 10-31-2001, 04:58 PM   #9
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, following JR's logic...

I saw that you can have a half-elf cleric/ranger.... but yet I can't dual my archer into anything.... is this a possible *gasp* mistake that hasn't been caught yet?
Old 10-31-2001, 05:04 PM   #10
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Your wisdom is high enough isn't it (17 or higher) ? Sometimes, as is mostly the case when dualing druids, you can have an alignment restriction but it shouldn't be the case with this dualclass. I know that some other people have dualed a ranger into a cleric. So i wouldn't know why you have problems dualclassing your archer into a cleric. You need to also have a high enough score in the prime requisite of your first class. I think for rangers that's strength but not to sure. It, iirc, has to be at least 15 or higher.

------------------
JR