Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-30-2001, 10:29 AM   #21
ReGiN

Look, Skunk only asked the guy, if he could make a slight change in his post.....
If Skunk thought it was a spoiler, then let him think it was a spoiler.
Does it really matter??
Does it hurt one's pride to make a minor change, just to please another human being??
Is it worth debating over, and calling eachother "over-sensitive", and stuff??
Just leave it, it's not like he's telling you to go shoot yourself!
Geez, is everyone feeling argumentative these days?

Let's all unite in a big hug!

------------------
ReGiN: PROUD MEMBER OF KELDORN'S ORDER!

Old 10-30-2001, 10:43 AM   #22
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

i think everyone should stop going on about this now. I will change my post. IF skunk asks me nicely.
Old 10-30-2001, 10:55 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Chill out, guys. This is a very minor spoiler - probably not enough to ruin anyone's game. Certainly not worth fighting about! We all know spoilers are bad and disrespectful to others who haven't finished the game. But we all have to use a bit of common sense here, since Neb's quest is a minor quest and knowing that his head is available for SOMETHING is probably not enough to ruin someone's game. It's probably ok in this case. Major plot twists are another thing altogether. You'll have to use your judgment on what's bad and what's not so bad. I trust you!

Btw, Skunk, with respect to your post here:

Quote:
Posted by Skunk:
The guy who wrote the conditions of use probably did it for a laugh and didn't really expect anyone to give a dam...
That guy is me. And I do give a damn, so don't feel bad - your sentiments and attitude are appreciated.

Now let's all relax and enjoy each other's company, or Hunky, our Ironworks bouncer, will be having a chat to each of you!

Let's all have fun now! Anyone for baseball?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:58 AM   #24
Kaleban
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by ReGiN:
Look, Skunk only asked the guy, if he could make a slight change in his post.....
Does it really matter??
Does it hurt one's pride to make a minor change, just to please another human being??

What happens next time when Skunk or other "vigilnate" admin asks you to do something you do not agree with? The whole point of having admins is that they have the power to recommend just this type of change, and posess the authority to back it up. If I tell you I think you should change your post because it lacks any grammatical structure or is overtly offensive to me, would you be insulted and possibly a little defensive? I know I would be.

Oh, and making a minor change in your opinion could be a MAJOR change in someone else's opinion. It is all subjective. You may think this is rediculous thing to argue over, but it is basically one group thinking that another group should not have the right to say what they want, and you know what that is called boys and girls? Censorship. When one party takes it into their own power to censor another, we call that "tyranny" and "oppression." A forum admin is selected to be fair and impartial, someone who is not selected for that position is called a dictator.

This may be over the top, but I get sick of seeing posts like this on various forums, where people think "just a little censorship" is okay. It isn't.

Old 10-30-2001, 11:02 AM   #25
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
Quote:
Originally posted by ReGiN:
Does it really matter??

What happens next time when Skunk or other "vigilnate" admin asks you to do something you do not agree with? The whole point of having admins is that they have the power to recommend just this type of change, and posess the authority to back it up. If I tell you I think you should change your post because it lacks any grammatical structure or is overtly offensive to me, would you be insulted and possibly a little defensive? I know I would be.

Oh, and making a minor change in your opinion could be a MAJOR change in someone else's opinion. It is all subjective. You may think this is rediculous thing to argue over, but it is basically one group thinking that another group should not have the right to say what they want, and you know what that is called boys and girls? Censorship. When one party takes it into their own power to censor another, we call that "tyranny" and "oppression." A forum admin is selected to be fair and impartial, someone who is not selected for that position is called a dictator.

This may be over the top, but I get sick of seeing posts like this on various forums, where people think "just a little censorship" is okay. It isn't.

UM WHAT?

------------------

Beware Satan (My chearleading companion)

[img]http://www.hamsterdance.com/hamwalk.gif">
Old 10-30-2001, 11:19 AM   #26
Kaleban
Manshoon

Sorry, am at work. Stressed. It was over the top. Skunk and Barb, you guys are cool, and I respect both your opinions. Peace.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:27 AM   #27
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

A real gentlemen he obalagised. I apoligise to evre1 for anything i have ever done
Old 10-30-2001, 10:22 PM   #28
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
Sorry, am at work. Stressed. It was over the top. Skunk and Barb, you guys are cool, and I respect both your opinions. Peace.
Thanks, mate. You have my respect.

------------------
Old 10-31-2001, 10:36 AM   #29
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

At lest someone likes me!