Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 10:02 PM   #11
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Spoiler !
Lesser basilisks ?

There are rather easy, because their petrification is their only noteworthy attack. The level 1 spell protection from petrification is the most economical means against it, so cast that on your best fighter and send the rest of your party to the nearest inn. I think it wears off more quickly than the scroll though. Beware: higher basilisks are more tricky, they have also a poison attack, but there are very few in the game.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:59 AM   #12
Gargoyle
Manshoon

Did anyone else after killing the greater Basillik in the Basillik forest get a scroll from its dead carcus, which is not in the book, I forget what its called, not particulary useful though.

Just as a point, in chapter 1 or 2 when your party is beggining to develop go and stock up your mages with the level one spell, protection from petrification or buy the scrolls from the temple and clear out the entire Basilik forest,(dead easy with the protection) everyone in your party will go up at least one level, probably two.

------------------
Time is only relevant if you have none !
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 10:15 AM   #13
Mirror
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Rikard: Yes, I've been on this forum (on and off) since last year. Just because I don't change signatures / UserName on an average of 3 times per month doesn't mean I won't ever change them . Right now I taking car driving lessons and scouting for a part-time job (anyone knows of any telecommuting jobs??) so I can't participate as regularly as before...

------------------
Self-reflection is the key to self-mastery.
Mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 07:38 AM   #14
Rikard

Cool dude
nomatter it's good to have you back

------------------