Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 10:59 PM   #11
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

My wife and I don't celebrate V-day. We celebrate our anniversery on the 11th. Unfortuntely, we don't have a whole night for the romantic thing. So we'll probably drop the kids off at grams house and go out for dinner. Of course, she'll get flowers. But, we have to pick the kids up before 8:00, because they have to be at school the next day.
So its somewhat of a rushed night. We'll save the fireworks for next month, when we rent a cabin in the mountains for three days with no kids. Can you say heaven!
Old 02-08-2001, 12:19 AM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

What do I think???
Hellfire, I think your wife is crazy!! Your Valentine's Day sounds just perfectly romantic!!!
I'm really sorry that some of you are less lucky in their love lives...don't worry about spoiling my topic, I don't mind at all if you can get some help out of it. Now that I'm happily in love (so Rik, moving to Apeldoorn is probably not an option )(but I could set you up with the sister of Wah's Pit Fiend ) I sometimes lose sight of the fact that I've had some horrible experiences in love too...I must remember that even the best relationships can go wrong for some reason...so thank you for sharing this with us and good luck!!!
OK so let's make this a dual thread: for those in a relationship (or those having a crush on someone: go for it Zor!!!!) it's a nice way to think about V-day, and for those who are still looking or who are having some trouble, this can be the "spill your guts and hope you'll feel better"-thread
Old 02-08-2001, 12:30 AM   #13
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank you Melusine
it's nice to hear that your in love and i hope and pray that it last longer than time and thank you once again,maybe i can find a lady who wants that kind of attention,guess i'm to mature for this one(who would think a 24 year old would be so mature)
Old 02-08-2001, 08:06 AM   #14
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... a child im still...
out for a girlfriend's will
im looking for one
but not just a someone

i have my eyes on her
a girl i grew to like
im not sure im in love
will i give her a valentines?

she grew on me
unknowingly but surely
until i grew confused
and found my heart fused

i do not know if its the same
the year ago we met one day
i do not know if she like me too
should i give a gift and to be true?

a rose and my heart
is it truly worth the risk
i do not know, i dont care
will i find hell or bliss?

confused am i
i do not see any sign
what will i do?
my friends i truly beseech you...

to be short: should i or should i not... give a present to my crush ...? mind you all... no expensive thingies or paid trips... im only 18...
Old 02-08-2001, 08:13 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well Zortorak, for me being probabbly one of the most cynical persons about love and such.. I can only give you this advice, DO IT!!
Youīll probably regret it more if you donīt than if you do and it turns out to be nothing so go for it. And hey, being young and in love is the grestest of being young but donīt loose your head cause being sadly in love all ages included is hell..

Howl with me and buy your crush a present, stare down your enemies and go for it!!
Old 02-08-2001, 08:23 AM   #16
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

umm... bark bark woof woof..???

just kiddin... HHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL L!!!!!!!!!!... oh well its better to have loved and lost than better to have not have loved at all... peace!!
Old 02-08-2001, 08:36 AM   #17
WOLFGIR

He he, thats the spirit!
Go and get her!!
Old 02-08-2001, 08:43 AM   #18
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello well as much as i want it to be a lie it's not.it made me feel like OK what the hell did i miss,let's see honey, you don't know if you love me..um..what i get it what you ment to say was ,gee honey i don't know if i love you ..well wait that's what you said..damn i was hoping you was joking,well that's not it huh ,well gee let me hand you my heart and let you step on it ,because that would hurt less than you guessing that you don't love me ..women sure do know how to hurt you realy bad don't they,and Idiot Rouge if you read this hopefuly you might reconsider your quest ,it isn't worth the pain that will come from it
Old 02-08-2001, 09:29 AM   #19
WOLFGIR

Hellfire, I know that feeling, been there.. No easy way out of it, it hurt me alot and well started my cynical way about life. But one canīt live like that. Cause you donīt live, you barely have an existance. Well gee what am I trying to tell you? Hope that all will be well? Of course I want it to be but I wont say everything is gonna be alright cause sometimes everything aint gonna be alright.

Just hope and try do something about it..
-
-
-
-
-
Anyone else feels like this is going to be a very black mooded thread instead of what is was supposed to be?
Sorry Melusine..
Old 02-08-2001, 09:57 AM   #20
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wolfgir,thanks and your right this is going to be dark,i'm sorry about that Melusine
so let,s tforget about me and let's make this happy once again,so i'll say what i would have done instead.I would have let her sleep in and not have let the kids bother her.the house would have been picked up so she wouldn't wake to a dirty home and i would have made her breakfast in bed(yes i can cook real good)then while she was eating i would run some bath water with the bath bubbles(that smell good,not the kids bath bubbles)after she was finished bathing we would go to the mall and shop for her(i'm a spoiler)then eat at a restaurant,(her shopping last all day,believe me)then we could get a movie (something romantic)and cuddle together and hold each other (lovingly of course)and maybe after the movie we could just talk,and that would be my gift for her ,so what do ya think people