Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2001, 06:44 AM   #71
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Well, he is stupid and loses to Mind Flayers al the time, but his naive and fun attitude is a good one for the stressed events falling on your shoulders...
Well... ... you do not encounter Mind Flayers all the time. Besides, they were a pushover with my Blade, he single-handedly took out the entire Mind Flayer city without any loss to Hp.

Sorry to brag, but I just had to blow my trumpet.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-02-2001, 06:51 AM   #72
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by stred:
i really hate Minsc and this hamster ,ok some lines of him are funny but in real life i would never take him along...
even from bg1 i was taking along the other ranger.
u gotta be crazy...he is my 1 choiche always!!!!!
Old 10-02-2001, 11:29 AM   #73
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Come on, Minsc is cool. He swings away his massive two handed swords and shoots away with a bow. Also, don't you just laugh when he yells "Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes", haha. ANyways, he is cool.
Old 10-02-2001, 11:30 AM   #74
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I kinda like Minsc........ I actually dont like just one npc........ but I do have to say that aerie wines alot!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Old 10-02-2001, 11:40 AM   #75
Lazarus
Manshoon

Yes Minsc is pretty useful on hand on hand combat with monsters..And he has a cool battle cry!! MINSC AND BOO ROCKS.. MINSC AND BOO DUEL..

[This message has been edited by Lazarus (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 11:54 AM   #76
Ed
Manshoon

Minc is most definately the best npc in the game. Boo just rocks!!

------------------

The REAL Minsc/Boo double act .....

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 10-02-2001, 03:09 PM   #77
Bhaalthazar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Minsc is very funny if you like ass humor. If you don't, he's not that funny.

"Boo must have his exercise lest he bite us all in hard-to-reach places!"

(Personally I think he's one of the best parts of the game.)

---Bhaalthazar
Old 10-03-2001, 11:37 AM   #78
Doxin1
Dungeon Master

My opiniion is divided. I agree with everyone that Minsc is an excellent fighter and would never remove him from my party. BUT, His dialog is so DAMN irritating that I just want to BITCH-SLAP him!!
Old 10-04-2001, 05:26 PM   #79
Kitty
Manshoon

For those who complain Minsc gets hit all the time, here's an advice: that's what fighters are made for!!!!!!!! They have to go into danger first to protect the rest of the party. They may take some blows, yes, but they normally drop enemies dead before needing real help. I found Minsc better than Valygar because he can wear a wide variety of armors; Valygar can wear only leather armor, and there's no better than his own - but it doesn't allow you to wear a ring or cloak of protection in combination with it. Except for Korgan, I think only Keldorn could beat Minsc in melee fighting - Keldorn has much more hitpoints than Minsc and he can wield that cool holy avenger (well, provided that he's wearing a girdle of strenght and gauntlets of dexterity, that is).And Minsc can be an idiot and a perfect bait for mind flayers, but none of the fighters in BG2 has a respectable intelligence score either.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:46 PM   #80
Guk73
Dungeon Master

Boo says.... "SQUEEK" Minsc rocks!!!