Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm in the chatroom right now, talking to Felix Jaeger. I'm sure you'll know him, he is a member of this board quite some time now. This is the problem: A couple of weeks ago he did a format, and ever since then he is not able to log in to the forums. He thinks this might have something to do with deleting all cookies, could this be the problem ? And if yes, how can he solve this problem ? This is been going on for 2/3 weeks now, and he wants to get back in here with the rest of us. HELP PLEASE ????
Old 10-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Afaik, if he has changed his e-mail addy, then he needs a new password. In the meantime, if he registered again and then e-mailed Ziroc, I'm sure he could get something sorted out.

Hope this helps

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 10-12-2002, 05:37 PM   #3
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Afaik, if he has changed his e-mail addy, then he needs a new password. In the meantime, if he registered again and then e-mailed Ziroc, I'm sure he could get something sorted out.

Hope this helps
I've E-Mailed Ziroc about this..........

No need for anyone to worry anymore!

However, I would appreciate any suggestions or comments people might have.

[ 10-12-2002, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: DJG ]
Old 10-12-2002, 06:56 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
For specific facts of this problem: He told me he is in the chatroom almost every day after school (4/5 PM, he is in England), so if you think you can help him, you can hear it from himself what the problem is. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:01 PM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

It can`t be a problem associated with cookies; format clears EVERYTHING cookies included.
If he just can`t login, tell him to do a password request.
If he logs in, but then gets logged out after he clicks anything, tell him to make sure he has cookies ENABLED in his browser [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 07:10 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

Lennon has it. If he hasnt changed the default setting cookies should be enabled. If he does a password request and still cant get in then its something serious, but it cant be in his system or the format would have cleared it.

His ISP might be interfering with IW (In which case trying another UBB forum like *shudder* sorcerors place should also fail), or Im cynical enough to suggest that someone might be doing it deliberatley (I woudnt put it past some of our old trolls).
Old 10-13-2002, 02:01 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

All he needs to do is click on 'forgot my password' and it will email all the info to him. simple as that.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-13-2002, 04:32 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm in the chatroom right now, talking to Felix Jaeger. I'm sure you'll know him, he is a member of this board quite some time now. This is the problem: A couple of weeks ago he did a format, and ever since then he is not able to log in to the forums. He thinks this might have something to do with deleting all cookies, could this be the problem ? And if yes, how can he solve this problem ? This is been going on for 2/3 weeks now, and he wants to get back in here with the rest of us. HELP PLEASE ????
But what is the exact error message he gets, then? I mean, if it's a password problem, I agree with the others here... But we need more information, I suppose.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:10 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
But what is the exact error message he gets, then? I mean, if it's a password problem, I agree with the others here... But we need more information, I suppose.[/QUOTE]Meet him in the chat if you got the time for that. He's there after school every day after 4 PM (England time). He can tell you the details. I'm just trying to get some attention for this.
Old 10-13-2002, 10:27 AM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

Ziroc and all others Felix is in the chatroom right NOW!

He'd appriciate help.