Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-19-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
Synthos
Manshoon

15 Steps To Skewer Liches or Spellcasters
This strategy I have not yet tested out..(I haven't got that far in the levels) In theory it should work for almost every Lich and spellcaster you meet. For this you should have access to at least 6th level spells though I highly recommend you have access to Time Stop and Spell Strike (Level 9)(You can do it in the lower levels, though not as effective) By the way.. if you have trouble staying invisible becasue they cast true sight just wear a Cloak of Non-Detection (from Anon in the Den of Seven Vales). For Kangaxx I suggest you destroy his first form before you employ this strategy. This can be modified for most situations.

1. Set traps were Mage/Lich will go/appear
2. Defensive spells (Defensive Harmony, Bless, Chant, Luck..ect)
3You could at this point Summon monsters to your aid for flak-
4. Cast Invisilbility go and scout out the area.
5. Cast Improved invisibility/Mislead/Mass Invisibility (Prevents you from being targeted by spells)
6. Activate, Talk with
7. Cast Magic Resistance (Priest, this is only for enemies with high magic resistance as it will bring down resistance) Then lower resistance
8. Cast Greater Malison and hope it works
9. Time Stop (not required but a good idea)
-You could at this point use offensive items such as Ring of Ram and Horn of Blasting-
10. Spell Strike (or similar spell)
11. Breach
12. Dispel magic/remove magic (do NOT use in conjunction with Magic Resitance and Lower resistance)
13. Power Word: Silence (Useful for their spells which require verbal components)
14. Insect Plague (or similar spell to keep them from casting spells)
15. Hack and Slash, Offensive spells, Ring of Ram, Horn of Blasting. More Insect Plagues, Power Word:Silence

Dead Lich/SpellCaster-The End

Shishkabob Golem
This is for large golems (Iron/Adamantine)
1. Lure them into a tight passage and back off.
2. Wear the Periat of Proof Against Poison.(Stops those gas attacks)If you don't I hope you have a lot of Cure Poison spells ready.
4. Equip a relatively good Two Handed Sword/Spear/Haleberd (+3 or more for Iron +4 or more for Adamantine.
5. Walk up and shishkabob the golem again and again. You are too far away for the golem to hit you physically and you are immune (i hope!) to it's gas attacks.
6. Repeat step 5 until the golem looks like swiss cheese.
(note: you can have another character wail on the golem from a distance with Tansheron's Bow or Gesen Bow for extra damage)

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Carsomyr +5...: Man I love this sword!
Old 10-19-2001, 05:39 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Pretty interesting. Thanx for the info once more. I'll use these when the time comes.
Old 10-19-2001, 05:55 PM   #3
Synthos
Manshoon

Swarms of Minor Undead attacking you? Have no Fear! Turn Undead is here!
A lot of people forget about turn undead ablility with clerics and paladins. One round of turning and Wights, Zobies and Skeletons are blown to steaming smitherines... Ghast and Mummies run to their, well Mommies! (ouch, that pun hurt)
As you get higher in levels your turn undead improves... At 14+ your turn undead is able to turn a lich with a roll of only 10! Use this well..

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Old 10-19-2001, 05:57 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, i love that turn undead ability. Even when ur paladin gets high enough he can kill undead easily
Old 10-19-2001, 06:02 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hey Synthos, ever use Abi-Dalzims Horrid Wilting. It kicks @$$. Protect ur mage, get him surrounded, cast it, wam! They'll drop like flies, and if they survive it, fireball will finish em up!
Old 10-19-2001, 06:08 PM   #6
Synthos
Manshoon

Nope, I'm not that far in levels nor have i bother to use a scroll of it (if i have one) I can see why it would rule, though... I just found a cool spell... Repulse Undead.. It should work on Liches!

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Old 10-19-2001, 06:11 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

How'd u get that, never heard of it, or at least never read bout it.
Old 10-19-2001, 06:12 PM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

Wut does it do??
Old 10-19-2001, 06:14 PM   #9
Synthos
Manshoon

Priest Spell... Level 5... No Saving Throw.."Disrupts any undead that attempt to attack the caster, pushing them away for several seconds. There is one wave each round" Magic Resistance might affect it though

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Old 10-19-2001, 06:17 PM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

Thanx again, man ur good at supplying techniques like that. That CHinese Noodle man is pretty good too.