Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2000, 07:53 AM   #1
_max_RUSSKIE

Hey I was happily going around as a lvl 17 elf stalker and dual weilding Celestial Fury + Defender+5 (11/2 attacks per round (!))

I get a mad mage after a while demanding drizzts items back (what use are they if hes DEAD!)
I try to say no but he takes them anyway.

I tried putting them on ground and leaving 1 item out of there party he takes it and then disapears. Then i put ther swords back and he imprisons all my characters like the demi-lich. Is there any way off keepin them without cheating?

I managed to escape to another map (with the swords) But he appears again there only doesnt say anything. That would be grate only it *&^*%^$ up the game. If i try to talk to someone the talk bar dissapears after 5 seconds! Is this a bug?

P.s. I have always disliked drizzt. He is a bit to much like my protagonist. GGRRR WHY CANT HE JOIN YOUR PARTY?????

Also its MUCH easier killing him now than in BG1

Old 11-16-2000, 08:11 AM   #2
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

i was about to ask the same thing in the board but since you placed this up... i wanna ask you if there is anything interesting in the stash of Drizzt and his gang since i encountered him? if you "wack" them to oblivion is there any nice stash on them?
Old 11-16-2000, 08:19 AM   #3
_max_RUSSKIE

Uhhm you get off drizzt :

Defender +5
Frostband +3
His chainmail +4

off Bruenor:
His cool armour
A +3 battle axe with bits and bobs m(i think its got a REALLY fast attack speed)

Off the theif:
An Ammoless shortbow +3
Fires Ethereal shots or whatever
and armour

Off the warrior
A -1 ac. plate and a weapon cant remember what

But like i said you dont get to keep them long (ack!)

Old 11-16-2000, 08:20 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Drizzt is definitely easier to whack in BG2 because in BG1 he had 5 attacks a round and he was doing 20+ damage each hit with a THACO of about 2 despite having a strength of only 13. But why would you want to take his stuff? There's comparable and better magic weapons out there. And...ummm...if you're a stalker, aren't you supposed to be good?

Anyway if you do decide to steal his stuff, Malchor Harpell (the mage that follows you around) will never leave you alone. You will be unable to save the game, unable to rest, to do anything. You may as well welcome him to the rest of your life. And re: the loot of the gang, you can get Aegis Fang but it only acts as a Hammer +3 and can't be thrown because it was specially forged for Wulfgar. Crom Faeyr kicks ass all over it. And everyone else's weapons are only +3 (like Bruenor's Axe).
Old 11-16-2000, 08:32 AM   #5
_max_RUSSKIE

Well evryone has an off day.....

anyway you dont get any rep. points taken after killing him. Well there wernt any witnesses......

Anyway what happens if you lose your class> for being bad? Like you cant cast anything but thats about all i can see different.

Old 11-16-2000, 08:40 AM   #6
_max_RUSSKIE

P.s. Drizzt was lvl 14 and Elminster was Lvl 30 in BG1
Anyone know what there levels are now?

Old 11-16-2000, 08:43 AM   #7
Armisael

You turn into a 'fallen ranger', i.e. a fighter. All very well, but you lose all your abilities as a ranger and you don't get any of the advantages of being a fighter, like grand masteries, great saving rolls, etc. Unless you're a scimitar nut with a desire to have Malchor Harpell tailing you for the rest of the game, there's no point in taking out Drizzt and his padre. Suit yourself. I don't like Drizzt, I don't hate Drizzt, he never did anything to me, so I'll refrain from doing anything to him.

Old 11-16-2000, 08:43 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think Drizzt is level 16 ranger but he might have been dual classed from a fighter (TSR started using 3rd Ed rules with him).
Old 11-16-2000, 08:48 AM   #9
Armisael

Officially, Drizzt's level 15, always has been, probably always will be. Correction, DEFINITELY always will be, since elves aren't supposed to be able to advance any further. However, he's actually level 16 according to Infinity Explorer. Don't know why. As for Elminster, he only appears under an anagram in BG2.

Old 11-16-2000, 08:50 AM   #10
Armisael

Oh. Right. Well, disregard that, then.
Anyway, he's meant to be a ranger, but apparently in BG2 he's a fighter.
I don't like 3rd edition rules. That's right, I'm living in the past. : P