Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2002, 09:39 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

November 10,2002.(today) The 6th Grade Nowata,Oklahoma Ironmen football(american) team won the championships.With their small team of 14,(Most teams that we play have at least 25 players)they defeated team by team,only losing 2 games.They beat the Mannford Purple Pirates 8 to 6,a very close game.We held them for 3 and a half quarters(8 minutes each) until they scored one touchdown.They did'nt make the 2 point conversion.With 3 min. left the Ironmen came back and scored and made the 2 point conversion.They played for 3 more min. until the game was over.We had won.There was celebration everywhere.I was so happy that I started to cry.We never knew in the beginning of our football season that we would win the championship,but through good sportmanship,teamwork,and hard work,we won.

[ 11-10-2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-10-2002, 10:19 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Way to go someguy. Just goes to show you with hard work and a great team spirit anything can happen I congradulate you and the team.

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 10:26 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

whoah and with limited numbers like those... you should go down in history! or something...
Old 11-10-2002, 10:27 PM   #4
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Good job and congratulations. It's great just to play but it never hurts to win!
Old 11-10-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Way to go SomeGuy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Good to see someone's winning around here *starts grumbling about his hockey team* [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 10:39 PM   #6
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Way to go SomeGuy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Good to see someone's winning around here *starts grumbling about his hockey team* [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
That's OK True
Not everyone is lucky enough to be a

Dallas Stars

fan.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:41 PM   #7
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I actually meant my team, the Glenlake Hawks, antryg. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But while we're at it, why don't we just call a truce and bash the Oilers? Makes sense to me.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:51 PM   #8
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

You're lucky that you've got a decent team. My elementary school had over a thousand kids, but you know what our volleyball team was like? We won a signle game. And that was because the other team's coach and several players got the flu, so they couldn't make the game. Our other teams weren't any better.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:23 AM   #9
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
I actually meant my team, the Glenlake Hawks, antryg. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But while we're at it, why don't we just call a truce and bash the Oilers? Makes sense to me.
Careful true_moose we are on a run now. They won last night. We are back [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 11-11-2002, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]