Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-17-2001, 10:30 AM   #31
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

OOC: Azure, I am truly in awe. Indeed, I see why you are our illustrious leader.

~Quickly, the Mage of Dragons summons a wing of Light Dragons. They fly up to intercept the ShadeLord's minions and hinder him from following Neb. Another wing of Light Dragons accompanies Neb to battle against the shadowy minions. The Light Dragons tear at the darkness, rending it, dispersing it, destroying it and driving it away. Any shadowy creature that touches a Light Dragon begins to dissipate. The battle rages on giving Neb priceless moments to reach his destination. Some of the ShadeLord's minions reach Neb only to be thwarted by the Light Dragons time and again. But the battle is fierce and the Mage of Dragons can only hold out for so long before her strength will give out...~

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old 10-17-2001, 10:33 AM   #32
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
OOC:
Neb just an idea. How about something like you and the shadelord fly away to battle it out while the HADB and the shadow armies have a fight which the HADB are losing until the shadelord is destroyed whereupon which the shadow army collapses and we win. LOL im getting to far ahead of myself arnt i?

(Good idea Azure, I just edited my post so that the Shadelord followed me, we will be fighting soon.)

Old 10-17-2001, 10:47 AM   #33
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
OOC: Azure, I am truly in awe. Indeed, I see why you are our illustrious leader.

~Quickly, the Mage of Dragons summons a wing of Light Dragons. They fly up to intercept the ShadeLord's minions and hinder him from following Neb. Another wing of Light Dragons accompanies Neb to battle against the shadowy minions. The Light Dragons tear at the darkness, rending it, dispersing it, destroying it and driving it away. Any shadowy creature that touches a Light Dragon begins to dissipate. The battle rages on giving Neb priceless moments to reach his destination. Some of the ShadeLord's minions reach Neb only to be thwarted by the Light Dragons time and again. But the battle is fierce and the Mage of Dragons can only hold out for so long before her strength will give out...~

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-17-2001).]
With a quick prayer to Reorx, Hiram jumps into the fray. Two shadows pounce upon the dwarf and are quickly pummeled to the ground. They surround him and strike at him. “Aye, shadows come and get some hurtin, Hiram-style”. A shadow appears at his back and strikes at the dwarf’s head. Sensing the attack, Hiram blocks and then ducks under another strike from the other shadow.” Hiram starts singing a battle hymn with much gusto and looks over to Dragonmage. She is tiring quickly from the summoning of the dragons of light. After clubbing another shadow, Hiram runs over to her and pulls out an Elixir of Health. “Drink this milady” Ye art the most important member we have and I’ll not lose you to these beasties.” Dragonmage gratefully accepts the potion and notices that Hiram is bleeding from many cuts on his face and hands. “You are hurt, my furry friend” Hiram does not notice her words as he continues to do his dwarven dance of destruction. “May the furry flanks of funkiness be thy guide. May Reorx smile upon thee this day” Hiram sang and continued to battle the creatures.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-17-2001, 10:50 AM   #34
Neb

The Shadelord holds a lance of pure darkness in his hands as he and his mount follow Neb, any Light Dragon which is touched by it is destroyed, it's light extinguished, Neb is 200 feet from the Depths when his mount is struck by a Paralyze spell cast by the Shadelord, as Neb and his mount plummet towards the ground, he casts Featherfall on them both, preventing them from being crushed, when they reach the ground, Neb jumps from his mount's back and runs towards the Depths, suddenly, he is struck from behind by an immense claw, tearing open the flesh on his back, Neb cries out in pain as he is flung to the ground, blood soaking his robe.

Neb gets up, but only barely, he turns around to see what struck him and his rewarded by another claw swipe, this one tearing open the flesh on his right thigh, Neb cries out in pain again and collapses once more, he opens his eyes and sees a huge red dragon carrying the Shadelord on it's back towering above him, his blood on it's claws, the creature opens it's mouth to incinerate him with a blast of flame, but Neb draws his crossbow and launches a Bolt of Biting into it's mouth, where it is not protected by it's thick scaly hide.

The bolt sinks deep into the dragon's flesh and within seconds the poison spreads to it's brain, killing it instantly, Neb barely manages to roll aside as the dragon's huge corpse falls towards him, it's head missing him by inches, he drags himself towards the Depths and raises his hand to throw the Shard into the great abyss, but before he can throw it, a cold hand grips his wrist and twists it, forcing him to drop the Shard, the Shadelord catches the Shard as Neb drops it, he then releases Neb's wrist and smiles evilly as he raises the lance, preparing to plunge it into Neb's chest.

------------------
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Sorcerer of Lady Lioness's Court.

Resident IW saint.
2nd place in the longest sig of IW contest 2001.
The sorcerer/assasin who says: Ecky-Ecky-Ecky-Ptang-Zoom-Boing.
Guardian of a Secret that noone else knows of.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-17-2001, 10:52 AM   #35
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

OOC: Dont be in awe of me. Im not deserving. Oh wait, yes I am. Im the overlord, get down on your knees and beg peasants!

IC:

During a lull in the battle Azurian glances upon the dragons of light and is dismayed by the dwindling numbers being overswept by the onslaught. But not one to give in to doubting Azure gains comfort in the fact that they may yet have hope. Even as these thoughts entered his mind he knew Neb would be trying his best to reach the Depths before the Shadowlord could engage him in battle.
For now the job was here on this last battlefield where the fate of the Clan would be decided, for good or for bad this is where it would end.
"To me soldiers!" roared Azurian "Today we set our course, and they shall fall before us!"
A great cheer went up from the battling warriors and they surged forward with a renewed sense of vigour and hope, pushing the shadows before them. Hundreds were slaughtered as the shining blades of the Clan sycthed through the shadows ranks and were trampled beneath the bootheels of the invigourated army.
And finally the shadows were thrown back to the foothills beyond the temple.
Azurian Greymane gestured to his squire and a trumpeting note blew across the air sounding the call to regroup. The army fell back and and reformed for another charge of the foul creatures, leaving Dragon mage a moments respite in which to recoup some of her lost strength.
But as always happens it was not enough and the shadows rushed forwards once more. Azurian raised his sword in a weary hand and braced himself for what was to come, sending out a single thought "Neb you hold the only means of our survival, dont fail us now."

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:58 AM   #36
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

~With all the remaining strength she could muster thanks in large part to the restorative potion given by Hiram and the moments rest, the Dragon Mage summons an entire legion of Light Dragons and sends them into the fray. A third of their number wings their way to assist Neb. They hurl themselves at the ShadeLord knowing it means their doom but willing to sacrifice for the greater good. The rest battle on to kill the shadowy demons at the Temple. With each dragon's death, Breanna grows weaker. She fears for her companions and clan brothers, but it takes all her strength to keep the dragons fighting.~
Old 10-17-2001, 11:03 AM   #37
Neb

The Shadelord had placed his foot on Neb's lower chest, Neb grabbed it and pulled it to one side, tripping the Shadelord, the Shadelord retaliated by giving Neb a kick to the head as he fell, both of them ended up getting light concussions from striking their heads on the rocky ground.

Neb got up first and threw himself onto the Shadelord, attempting to wrestle the Shard from him, the Shadelord give Neb an elbow to his face that almost broke his nose, but as he tried to get up Neb tripped him, the Shadelord hit the ground hard, dropping the Shard, Neb thrust his dagger into the Shadelord's back and then grabbed the Shard, the Shadelord merely laughed as his body turned into a shadowcreature, as it did this, the Shadelord said, "Foolish mortal, I cannot be destroyed, I will be myself again in a few minutes, and you cannot reach the depths in that time!" "I don't need to reach the depths." said Neb and withdrew an enchanted sling from his robe, he then placed the Shard in the sling, the Shadelord saw what he was trying to do and screamed in rage as he tried to reach Neb before he could complete his action, but it was too late, Neb used his sling to propel the Shard high into the air and then into the depths.

As the Shard fell below the edge of the abyss, the Shadelord screamed in pain as he assumed mortal form, while the Shadelord was busy doing this, Neb used an Improved Spell Trigger he had prepared, it cast: Lower Magic Resistance, Greater Malison and Finger of Death, the Shadelord was killed instantly, Neb smiled briefly at this before he lapsed into unconsciousness.

------------------
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Sorcerer of Lady Lioness's Court.

Resident IW saint.
2nd place in the longest sig of IW contest 2001.
The sorcerer/assasin who says: Ecky-Ecky-Ecky-Ptang-Zoom-Boing.
Guardian of a Secret that noone else knows of.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-17-2001, 11:08 AM   #38
Vampire

Avatar has just managed to ward the temple from the unholy blight spells.
DragonMage you can seek sanctuary here!
ALSB temple looks like an eternal candle in the darkness.

Avatar appears like a holy flame in a deep cobalt blue. Rays of purity of Aerie radiate from his crystal malet and immediately shadows around him disintgrated. Avatar utters: HAIL AERIE and the malet grows to a huge two handed hammer and Avatar swings the hammer in a continous dancing attack that no shadow legions can stand. From the distance HADB members can see a blue flame with bits of dark metal flying away from it whether in fear or being kicked!

------------------
Old 10-17-2001, 11:22 AM   #39
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

~Struggling for conciousness and hearing Avatar's invitation, the Dragon Mage makes her way toward the Temple. As the last of the Light Dragons fight on, Breanna collapses on the stairs.~
Old 10-17-2001, 11:37 AM   #40
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

A yell from across the battlefield drew Azurian's attention, and he saw Sephiroth point at the shadows fighting the men and women on the front lines.
At first he was confused and wondered what Sephiroth was talking about, and then he saw. And what he saw there made his spirit soar.
As the fatigued men of the Clan leaned wearily on the pommels and hafts of their weapons they watched upon as the shadow army that but moments ago had stood as the symbol of their destruction wither away and die. The shadows grew faint and weak as the light shone on their bodies, and they mewled softly in self-pity as their bodies wasted away.
Slinging his shield over his back Azurian realised he knew what he must do. Reaching within himself Greymane called forth the innate powers of his unique blood and formed a ball of flickering lightning in his hands the azure tendrils coiling around his fingers. With a force of will he cast the ball in his hand at the massed shadows out on the dead strewn field, and it struck with immense force whirling like a hurricane through the Shadowlords minions. The utter devastation left bore witness to the horrors the shadows had endured.
"Let us finish this!" Azurian shouted with wild abandon "We shall win the day and ne'er more shalt the shadows threaten the Clan!"
And the HADB army charged down the hillside...

A single proud lance stood upright on the lone hill overlooking the battlefield, the bloodied pennant flying from the top waving bravely in the wind. The remnants of the HADB gathered beneath the hill, most bearing new scars; some to go along with the old. The chipped and cracked armanment a living testament to the war fought this day.
Azurian slowley climbed the hill forcing his tired body to stand alongside the lance, leaning his weight against the top of his sword which was dug deeply into the ground. His eyes shone with pride as he looked down upon the army and for the last time he spoke.
"Let it be heard that from here on in," he intoned "The HADB will always serve their own! Those who forget or seek to deny us this will know fear!"
A great shout went up, the sound defeaning in Greymanes ears as the fatigue overwhelmed him and he lay down upon the trampled grass, the sword rolling from nerveless fingers. And the last vision he saw before the darkness overcame him was of those brave heroes standing on the desolate wasteland upon which they had fought. And a single thought again consumed his mind "What had happened to Neb?"

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.