Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 08:15 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Why do people, after hearing a depressing song or poem say "Stop bitching about it and put up with it" ?

Writing song and poem about depresion IS puting up with it. Even if people dont think so, aperrantly thosep eople have never written a song.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-22-2001, 08:22 PM   #2
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Itīs because theyīre too lazy or maybe too chicken to deal with facts thaīt donīt concern them at the moment. They donīt want to be confronted with something unpleasant when theyīre not forced to. Itīs an artistīs life, so stop bitching about it and put up with it.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!
Old 08-22-2001, 08:24 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
Itīs because theyīre too lazy or maybe too chicken to deal with facts thaīt donīt concern them at the moment. They donīt want to be confronted with something unpleasant when theyīre not forced to. Itīs an artistīs life, so stop bitching about it and put up with it.

Maybe you ahve it mixed up? Perhaps people who dont write songs and say quit bitching about it are too assholeish to hear others problems? Or maybe there jealous they dont have the talent to write a song?

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-22-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

I donīt think itīs jealousy. I only try to understand them. Even I donīt agree with all lyrics the guitar player in my band comes up with. Sometimes it just too much. Whining about this, bitching about that and pissing on everybody because theyīre different. You understand?

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 08:41 PM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
I donīt think itīs jealousy. I only try to understand them. Even I donīt agree with all lyrics the guitar player in my band comes up with. Sometimes it just too much. Whining about this, bitching about that and pissing on everybody because theyīre different. You understand?

Well if thats the problem then, just enjoy the music its self, dont pay mind to the Lryics, beside they have no effect upon you what so ever

------------------

Old 08-22-2001, 08:51 PM   #6
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah, but Iīm the singer. I canīt simply say "I donīt mind what he wrote there". To prevent any misunderstandings: Iīm completely on your side! And btw, who cares about those who donīt like your songs or poems? Ignorance is a common attribute, though not one worth to achieve. Being misunderstood is the fate of the artist.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 08:58 PM   #7
Moni

Well said Debiler.

Not hearing the lyrics is kind of hard even when you like the music.
Your position as a singer is one where the lyrics can't be avoided!
I think you hit the nail on the head earlier when you said "They donīt want to be confronted with something unpleasant when theyīre not forced to."

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-22-2001, 09:08 PM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I think writing your feelings into lyrics in songs is a good way to express hw you are feeling. Fine if people dont like it its their problem but they cant complain about how you are doing nothing to help yourself and then say that the songs are depressing. Writing the songs IS helping you define yourself and express yourselves to others. So of course if in the first place you needed to let out these emotions than of course they are going to be depressing otherwise you wouldnt have needed to write the songs in the first place.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-22-2001, 09:27 PM   #9
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
I think writing your feelings into lyrics in songs is a good way to express hw you are feeling. Fine if people dont like it its their problem but they cant complain about how you are doing nothing to help yourself and then say that the songs are depressing. Writing the songs IS helping you define yourself and express yourselves to others. So of course if in the first place you needed to let out these emotions than of course they are going to be depressing otherwise you wouldnt have needed to write the songs in the first place.

Correct! That is what songwriting is all about. BTW, expressing positive feelings in a song mostly sounds kinda...weird.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 09:33 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this society teaches ppl to be strong for themselves. if you have a problem, you are not supposed to whine about it, you are supposed to overcome it and you are supposed to always look forward

but i think some people got too caught up in this popular belief, it is like a brain wash thing. and at the end, those people lose the basic attention and comfort that they should offer to others.

we all need others to survive

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 08-22-2001).]