Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 07:57 AM   #1
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Okay first, I noticed how much anomen sucks and ditched him, I need to know who to put in his place, I am not in any dire need of any single class, oh and forget Yoshimio, I dont want to deal with him later and killed him in the dungeon
second, When Jaheira starts yelling at me and asking me things like "Do you even have a plan fearless leader" that means shes hitting on me right? I only thought so beacause the first time I played I was a chick and never got that, and it started playing lovey-dovey music similar to the Aerie rmance music(I cheated to get that the first time)If that is the romance dialong, its funny beacuse 4 game hours earlyyer Jaheria was yelling at me beacuse she say Khailds body.......
Anyway, back to the first question, currently I have Viconia and need to know how to tank her beacuse well, I just cant think of anyone else I want in my party right now. (You can tank her right? You could tank Branwen in BG1, at least I could)
Thanks alot for your time and help.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:41 AM   #2
tusitha

Buy the Girdle of Hill Giant strength from the Adventures Mart and have Viconia equip it. With her improved strength you can now deck her in Full Plate Mail and all the other goodies. Get her a decent shield (anything that confers a 3 or better bonus to her armor class) and if you have the cash give her the Sling of Everard +5 (assuming you have the Bonus CD Merchants). She can become quite the killing machine.... true to Drow nature. Alternatively, if you aren't in a strong financial position, buy her a decent mace, put her in the front lines....... and pray.

As for Jahiera, though her choice of words suck, that dialogue is the start of what has to be the most enjoyable romance in the game, have fun!

Old 10-23-2001, 08:45 AM   #3
Lord Exxon

You should put Keldorn in your party instead of Anomen, he doesnt wipe, and I think his a better fighter than Anomen.

-------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-23-2001, 09:46 AM   #4
mitsos

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob:
Okay first, I noticed how much anomen sucks and ditched him, I need to know who to put in his place, I am not in any dire need of any single class, oh and forget Yoshimio, I dont want to deal with him later and killed him in the dungeon
Anomen sucks only until he becomes a knight at the Radiant Order. After that he gets a +4 to wisdom and becomes much better...

Old 10-23-2001, 10:15 AM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

You'll also want Amomen when fighting undead. He can kill most endead with his turn undead ability when you get lvl 15. Even if they don't die they run away.
Keldorn is very good aswell.

Warby
Old 10-23-2001, 02:21 PM   #6
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I am a cavaler, so I think I'll pass up Keldorn, 1 paladin is good for me. Also, to tank Viconia, I was going to use a mace/warhammer,(dont have bonus CD) any ideas? I am not yet strong enough to goto the vampires and get that sweet hammer in her dungeon. Thanks, btw I need help, when will viconia Aerie and Jaheira start fighting over me and what should I do about it? Man Jaheira must really want some attention, really I checked my save games, and the time between when I saved outside the mephit portals(where Khalids body is) and after I did the salver quest was about 5-6 hours (minus a few beacuse she started the romance talk on the way to the Copper Coronet.) Thanks for the help!
Old 10-23-2001, 04:27 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

yes, download the patch and get the merchants. i know for a fact that you get deirdre in that patch, but apparently you get joluv as well. (an aside - WHERE?)

anyone with half a brain could find the patch, but for those without its linked to from the ironworks news page. anyone needing more help than that shoudnt really be in BG2 anyway.

aerie and jaheria will get around to fighting and you can keep them both sweet for a while, but eventually you'll have to slap one down. i dumped aerie and went with jaheria but there no reason you cant go the other way if you want.

for warhammers i can only recommend the Crom Faeyr from personal experience, but the hammer of thunderbolts should be pretty good. as far a maces go there are a few good ones around but i dont remember where since nobody in my party uses them. except minsc but hes really into bigger weaponry.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:03 PM   #8
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

there aren't many good maces in SoA besides the Mace of Disruption. And thats only a +2 weapon (if upgraded)
Old 10-23-2001, 08:46 PM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
yes, download the patch and get the merchants. i know for a fact that you get deirdre in that patch, but apparently you get joluv as well. (an aside - WHERE?)
Deirdre can be found in the back of the Adventurer's Market, Joluv stands somewhere in the middle of the Copper Coronet.

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:51 PM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by tusitha:
Buy the Girdle of Hill Giant strength from the Adventures Mart and have Viconia equip it. With her improved strength you can now deck her in Full Plate Mail and all the other goodies. Get her a decent shield (anything that confers a 3 or better bonus to her armor class) and if you have the cash give her the Sling of Everard +5 (assuming you have the Bonus CD Merchants). She can become quite the killing machine.... true to Drow nature. Alternatively, if you aren't in a strong financial position, buy her a decent mace, put her in the front lines....... and pray.

...Or equip her with the Flail of Ages. Doesn't cost anything and can be found very early in the game, while it's a good weapon for Viconia to fight with for a very long period in the game. I believe I had her use it until deep into Throne of Bhaal, even...

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.