Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-07-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I know we have 1000000 strategies to beat the big baddies on the board right now. I thought I'd add my own 2 cents worth. I hate using game bugs to beat things. Setting traps around it while it's looking at you. 8 cloudkills while out of visual range. Casting magic resistance instead of lower resistance. All these tactics leave you wanting for the sweet taste of fair victory.

I whupped both of them using standard battle tactics that seem like you might use them in real life gaming. Two fighters, an archer and a mage were needed. Cast all the necessary protection and haste spells and move out the fighters. One in front one in back. Dragon will attack who's hitting it. Run that person around while thae other one whacks at the tail end. Meanwhile the archer pegs it relentlessly. The dragon will turn to get the one whacking on the tail. Switch roles. Now the one who was running whacks the back end and the other guy runs. Use the mage to dispel all those protection from magical weapon spells with breach, peirce, etc. Works like a charm.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

Yeah its a good one.
I used the same, i had 3 tanks though. One in the back while others cut his tail etc. Arguably "dragon killing" best tactic (if u call it a tactic) IMO.
I found that summoning creatures is very helpfull. You buy time for your party to get dragon down while he's using spells and powers on bears, elementals etc.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Phantom of might and magic ]

Old 01-07-2002, 08:59 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

I used that tequnique too! Really useful, and fun watching the dragon be stupid.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

cannot do that in real life neither
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 01:18 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
cannot do that in real life neither

Assuming this was in real life, I will lay bets on the Dragon.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:52 AM   #6
Jan

I'll go for the dragon as well.

Actually the dragons aren't that difficult. I just summon some creatures put them around the dragon and some tanks as well. That's it. Ok I was high level.