Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-22-2004, 01:19 AM   #1
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey, havn't been here for a while because our computer crashed and my w&w saved games lost but not 'my documents' files .. but its only a game.
But i dont know if i'll still keep on playing, but i'll stick around to see wat goes on

[ 02-22-2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: eternal mat ]
Old 02-22-2004, 09:44 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bummer! Sorry to hear about that, but if there's a bright side to it, you probably know how to play the game better now....

At least your documents were saved. That's a plus [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Give it a go again when you can. We'll be cheering for you!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Sorry to hear that.

I definitely think you should go for it again. As Bungleau stated you will be better able to build and structure you party now that you know how it works. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Thats not cool. I've noticed a lot of issues of late. In fact my own "steiner" is showing issues of intergalactic influence.

But hey, I always see it as a challenge, what caused it, and how to overcome it.

But as mentioned, you have a better grip on your new party.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry to hear about the computer problems, eternal mat! Hate when that happens!

Do consider starting over again. I normally start a game, play for a while until I feel I have an understanding of what is going on and then really start the game. Those trial runs have always proved useful!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... just occurred to me that I may be joining you shortly. One of the hard drives on this machine is starting to whine noisily on startup every so often. Not all the time, but enough... I suspect I have a hard drive getting ready to fail. Now, where did I put those backup procedures....
-+-+-+
Old 02-23-2004, 01:06 AM   #7
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

...well nothing great is really happening at the moment [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I reckon i'll keep playing, but my parents are still fixing the computer up. so it'll be a little while to go
Old 02-23-2004, 06:27 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Better the save games than your documents I guess. Sorry to hear about yor problems.

Bungleau, are you sure it's the harddrive. One of my fans, I suspect the one on my graphics card whine every time I start my computer.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:06 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... no, Willow, I'm not sure it's the hard drive. I just put that new vid card in; maybe I'll take another peek at it to make sure there are no wires in the way.

Come to think of it, this pretty much started around the time the new vid card went in. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll check that out more tonight.
-+-+-+
Old 02-25-2004, 10:49 PM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

B, if you put that new 52 series in, THAT is your noise. Take a closer look at it, it has that humongus dual channel plastic spaceship looking thing on it, right? Takes up 2 slots, and the fan is enclosed inside the tunnel. I don't have the specs commited to memory, but it takes more than 30 nano-seconds for that particular card to energize and the fans to "come on-line".

I know your experience is way to high to have inadvertantly left a cd in the optical drive, so that goes without a mention.

[ 02-25-2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Felix The Assassin ]

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote