Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2002, 10:28 PM   #1
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1: Is there any particular reason why you don't get ability points when you level up? My warlock is just gained her eight level and has only gotten ability points on 3 of them. Also my barbarian just gained 4th level and has only gotten ability points once. Just 1 point each time also.

2: How can I learn the enchant/bless spells to use on my items? When I try to enchant or bless it tells me I have to increase my skills. Which class(es) can do this and how can I go about it.

Thanks for all the help.

Jord
Jord413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:36 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You tend to get ability points when you hit a new level that you've never hit before (and if you have stat scores under 18, as well). For your Warlock, s/he already received the ability points for those first eight levels, I'll wager (and the first four for your barbarian). Once they surpass their former skill levels, you should see larger increases. And IMHO, getting three increases out of eight for your warlock is a much better than average number. I'm used to maybe one out of twelve...

For your second question, you must first learn the cabalist (priest) or occultist (wizard) trait, and then begin to learn the blessing (priest) or enchants (wizard) skill. The trait first becomes available around level 3 in the guild, IIRC. If you haven't completed your guild quests, they won't be get offered. Anyone who's a member of the guild can learn the trait and skill.

Of course, once you've got those, you need a spell to enchant or bless. That's where all the "Artifact of" spells come in handy....

I found I preferred enchanting for protection (rather than offensive spells), and blessing for armor, regeneration, hits, toughness, and damage. In fact, I'm not sure I've found anything in Blessing I *don't* like to do, so I'll say I prefer it substantially over enchanting. Still, having 100% protection from fire, ice, and magic goes a long way toward being able to dance in the middle of a firestorm.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 08:54 AM   #3
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool, I'll have to check out my guilds to see what's available for training. I am level 3 in both priest and wizard guilds with about 3 chars. I'll see what's available.
Jord413 is offline   Reply With Quote