Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-22-2000, 07:41 PM   #1
Droolie

Where do I find Bandoth? I've been holding this damn bottle for a few levels now, but I'm at the final battle and desperately in need of more experience. Yeah, I've gone back and killed plenty of Ettins, but I'd like to get rid of this for some XP.
Old 11-22-2000, 10:52 PM   #2
Reaper

You never found Bandoth ?
He is the guy who wanted the extract right ?
Anyway he is in the upper right corner of the map of the cave.
The outer cave, not the cave you got the extract in.
Old 11-23-2000, 01:51 AM   #3
Droolie

Ah, therein lies the problem... I can't GET to that upper right-hand cave. What's the trick? My monitor runs a little dark as it is, but I can't even get there using Braille.It's not a straight shot, so how? Or am I buggy?
Old 11-23-2000, 02:43 AM   #4
Khanar Tor'vel

Turn up the brightness maybe on your monitor or even ingame???
Old 11-23-2000, 01:05 PM   #5
Droolie

Thanks, but I'm at max brightness. It's not that I can't see the doorway, but I can't get there. My characters can't get within spitting distance of it. I can click on the doorway and they will walk up sorta close to it, but then they get frustrated and wander off, trying to find a different way to get in. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I get there from a different screen? Is it worth the experience to try, or should I just chuck the bottle? I sure would like my mage to be able to use all those 7th level spells...
Old 11-23-2000, 02:12 PM   #6
Lazarus2000

You have to follow a small ridge all the way along the top of the map to get to his hut. You start from right by the front door, and just go along the ridge to his hut. He's a cranky old coot but he's got some great stuff.
Old 11-25-2000, 05:03 AM   #7
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

I think I have the answer as I experienced something similar with my fighter, It was on the third level of the big tomb in The Vale of Shadows. I was quite laden with gear to sell and was trying to figure out a combination where I could pick up this one last sword. The sword lay behind my fighter and there was steps in front of him (Not one's you go up or anything special), but I couldn't get him to move, I tried moving the entire group and moving him alone. He wouldn't budge. This was confusing because there was no reason for him to be locked, No graphic, no obsticle, nothing but this one sword on the ground. When I got him to pick the sword up, then although he was encumbered for it he got going.
All I can suggest is (because I have not yet seen the map your talking about), clear out anything you can pick up that might be blocking your way to the door, if it's the same problem I experienced then you'll be fine.
Again this was only one sword blocking only the way towards the north (There was an abundance of space everywhere), he should have been able to move in any other direction. I guess there might have been a code or graphics glitch that locked him up there. Pick everything up then try and proceed.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 08:39 AM   #8
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

I got the Razorvine Extract and brought it to Bandoth, but instead my character started talking about the evil in the caves. Bandoth then made a hasty excuse about needing to locate something and split without the bottle. My conversation options gave me no choice to offer him the bottle. (I landed about 35 damamge onto him before he got out though.)I didn't get any XP for it.
Bandoth is in the small building in the top right of the map on the first level of Dorns Deep (First level inside that is) with the Mynoths and Ettins or whatever they are.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote