Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-13-2000, 09:00 AM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

Someone must remember the level in Dorn's Deep where you get to meet Terikan the Lich. I've wasted him (a couple of times now), I don't think he get the idea that staying dead around me is better for you health. I met him first in the room with all the Dwarven tombs, I rifled that place totally, I took everything, before proceeding into the next room. This room also had another (or perhaps the same Lich) which had to be shown how to behave properly around me, the upshot of it all is I got Terikans Key from him. At the end of this room is another larger door, except it's locked. This is the room with all the side rooms off of it with Dwarven Tombs in them, with some tasty stuff hidden inside them.
I've a couple of questions about this.
What is the room I am in? The Hall or Heros is where I think I am.
Should Terikans Key open this large door or another? If it's another just leave it at that I'll find it.
Should I have found the Liches Pylactery?(I don't know how to spell that), already or is it behind the next door in the Halls of the Dead
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 09:13 AM   #2
Montag

The area with the side rooms is the Hall of Heroes. The Pylactery is on one of the rooms on the left. Terikens key is the key you used to get into the Hall of Heroes. The door at the end will open once you kill (permanently that is) Teriken.
Old 12-13-2000, 09:24 AM   #3
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

I'm almost certain that I've taken everything from that room, I found loads of magical gear and the like.
What does this phylacery thing look like?
Unless I've missed something, thing is I'm getting pissed at having to keep killing the Lich and getting no XP each time. Especially if the b****** gets off one of his fireballs, that really does serious damage to the party.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 01:09 PM   #4
Rouver

If you've plundered all the tombs in that room w/ the locked door at the end, you should have found his Pylactery...it's a small green gem looking thing. You need to take it into J boy's tomb (second on the right, I believe), and this will permanently kill the lich. You remember the conversation you had w/ the ghost in the room w/ the giant drarf statue holding the cauldron? You need to take his essence into the room w/ the 'vortex' or whatever so it will be sucked into another plane. After you do so, go back to the room w/ the ghost & he'll talk to you & help you on to the next area.
Old 12-13-2000, 04:26 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

In the first room where you meet the liche, you'll find his key in a tomb to the left. you need the key, and the liche has to be DEAD before you can open that door and enter the Hall of Heroes.
BTW, both these rooms contain random chests, so it's a good idea to reload and loot the chests over and over (preferably with an invisible or sanctuaried character) then just export the goods.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote