Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-14-2000, 04:02 PM   #11
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

what's Infinity Explorer?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 12:46 AM   #12
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Ahh yes, it's the Infinity Explorer. I took a look at Icewind Dale though that browser and i'm downright OUTRAGED by all the extra crap that was left in Icewind. Hell, Kylee's Dagger is even in the item list. (remember kylee from the Naskel Mines in BG?) along with tons of dead or half created items. it looks like a lot of extra fluff to make the files bigger. And those Boots i founbd in the override file were onlt the boots of speed. But it's strange that two file names are designated for the boots of speed. It's almost like they changed their mind about a few items and deleted/replaced them.
I also read a string about the Glory of Suffering armor quest being removed from Icewind?? well, the ITEM sure is there. why include items on the disk if we don't get to find them?!? and what the heck is up with all those Baldur's Gate files in Icewind?

i really liked icewind dale. but i really get the impression that it was hastily slapped together, fudged up and fluffed out to make an 'acceptable software product' for the market. the programmers are all a bunch of geeks (there, i said it! i feel better now)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 04:51 PM   #13
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alomst ALL games add things, then decide not to activate them later on. Are you surprised at all the BG items not in use? Well, hate to break it to you, but IWD uses the EXACT same engine of BG, with some modifications and improvements. That's how games work, there isn't a game out there that includes 100% of the plans they had for it. Besides, a lot of companies plan ahead, and include things they don't intend to release until they're ready for the expansion. It saves time. Look at Diablo II: Almost all the info for the new classes in the expansion are already on the disks, they just need to be activated. Yea, some of the quests sound cool, but they were left out for a reason. Wait till the expansion comes out before complaining, I'm sure a lot of your doubts will be assuaged.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote