Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

…once and for all.

(This thread is not meant as a criticism towards anyone).

In a number of previous posts there has been mentioned a so-called ”Faerie wing” trait. The first post bringing up the subject is, so far as I can see, this response by Sazerac. It pops up again in his excellent traits table in the best tips thread – this time, though, it is mentioned in connection with the ”Mercury’s heel” trait. Bungleau makes a note of it in this topic. And also the subject has previously been discussed here in the missing traits topic.

As far as I can see there are no other topics dealing with the ”faerie wing” matter neither in this forum or in the W&W archives, but I am not sure of that, since the forum search engine is extremely buggy. When I type in the search words ”Faerie wing” it only turns up the entry in the missing traits discussion and Sazerac’s first response, although everyone can see for himself that the words also appear correcltly spelled in both Bungleau’s post and the best tips thread.

As you can see in Sazerac’s post in the first link I made here. He seems very sure of the matter. I have not seen any posts by either Davros or Alicat detailing the matter.

What I am interested in knowing is whether there was a trait by this name in an earlier release of the game or something like that. Because according to both the manual and my experience the intrinsic trait of a pixie is the dodge trait and the manual has no reference to any trait with a name that even resembles the name ”Faerie wing”. And could this in any way be related to the icon that So_So has been inquiring about in this recent topic?

Is there anything I have missed or is this based on a misunderstanding? I am really interested in knowing, since it would help me in the ever ongoing quest for the missing traits. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 02:36 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

All right. After a painstaking search I was able to track down LadyBlade's post that Davros mentioned. (And might I add that the forum search engine was unable to find it even when I searched for the words "faery" (spelled in that particular way) and "wing" separately!

The post is here, but it really sheds no further light on the matter. It does however mention bloodrealm which I remember our having discussed previously in connection with the missing traits.

[ 02-04-2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 02-05-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm not convinced that this trait exists.

The one poster who claimed to have this trait never explained how she got it. It is not listed in the Tome of Misinformation (which is fairly meaningless or should that be faerly meaningless ) (groan).

No other player has ever claimed to have Faery Wing.

Wyv

[ 02-05-2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Yes I have to agree with Wyv I don't think the trait exists in the game, but I think that the game developers meant to have it in the game because I think I found the icons for the trait...

How I wish this game was finished...or at least there should be some patches to wrap some unfinished parts up...But all in all eveyr game has its flaws...