Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-11-2004, 10:34 AM   #71
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

"Hello, I'm Dr. Attalus. What can I do for you, today?" I'm happily married, and BTW, Galadria introduced herself to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 11:44 AM   #72
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Okay, I decided to give girls one more shot. There's a girl at school who knows I like her. I passed her many times, and we both knew we saw each other, but we both pretended we didn't. I can't say a word to her. On the rare ocassion that we make eye contact, we turn away instantly. I just cannot talk to girls; waaay too shy. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Oh, and there was another girl who wanted to borrow one of my albums. I gave her the album today and we both exchanged approximately four words each. I went bright red... What is up with that?! [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Well, I've had it with girls. No more. Zilch. Doesn't work. I'm going to be homosexual from now on. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Lancashire with a tub of nutella... "Coo-ee! Biiiinkyyyy!" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 11-11-2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Jaradu ]
Old 11-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #73
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Sorry Spirits, that post made no sense to me whatsoever...
okay, some...several post back, a person ( too lazy to go check) acted smart and went and searched for the definition of "blagh" , when i actually meant i'd say my name there, but noo, he/she went on describing it, and well in my point of view made a fool out of him/herself, since everyone knew what i meant before this thread was brought back...so i just thought i'd clear that up for him/her

EDIT: AND THat Lucky smart *Ahem*wannabe*ahem* happens to be USS..

j/k by the way, don't take it too offensivly ^^
[/QUOTE]My brain capacity will never match yours!
[/QUOTE]*sigh* you werent supposed to take it seriously, but i mean..why do that?
XD

Old 11-11-2004, 05:01 PM   #74
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
So there's your answer - act like an a$$hole, glare at him/her, then invite him/her to sleep with you - guaranteed success every time
Yes, I'll have to try that someday [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't use lines, just a corny way to go about things, never work around here anyway. I just use my natural charisma and just flow into a good topic of convo and see how things go from there. Works quite well, not exactly like Epona's methods, but to each their own
Old 11-11-2004, 05:31 PM   #75
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmm Jaradu, sounds pretty bad, man, surely you can't be that nervous. I used to be like that till around age 17, I found that one way to combat it is to take on the "I don't give a shit" attitude and soon you'll realise that you DON'T give a shit if a girl doesn't like you or thinks you're stupid, cos there're plenty more out there. Once you achieve "don't give a shit" status, you increase in confidence (albeit for the wrong reasons)

Nowadays, I am told that
a) I scare girls (by the girls themselves)
and
b) I am sleazy (by my male friends)

a) I don't know why, but my last 2 girlfriends have said that it's because of my height, build and loud voice. Most girls are little compared to me, so they are intimidated...not good But guess I managed to win them over with my charms in the end.

b) This is bollocks! It mostly arose because I was captain of the badminton club while doing my first degree and I felt it my duty to talk to all new people arriving in the club - I can't help it if the days I felt dutiful, the new arrivals were mostly female! I guess I'm on a constant evaluation mission - I get the "hi, what's your name, what course do you do, and how old are you" out the way for every girl, then you can work on the ones that don't put you off from the start

But going back onto topic, I've never used chatup lines except as jokes to people who knew I was joking, so it doesn't count. I couldn't pull them off. Just talk to them and show an interest - I agree with the notion of posing open questions - it works well - a guy who can ask intelligent questions is apparently better than a guy who talks a lot.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-11-2004, 07:48 PM   #76
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I have to agree with Uncle Vaskey. I've adopted this attitude, and now I dont really worry about striking up a conversation with anyone. Good advice!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #77
Animal
Gold Dragon

*In his best Joey voice*

How you doin?
Old 11-11-2004, 10:07 PM   #78
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
So there's your answer - act like an a$$hole, glare at him/her, then invite him/her to sleep with you - guaranteed success every time
Geez and I already have the first 2 steps with most people I know

...hmm
Old 11-12-2004, 01:06 AM   #79
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
*sigh* you werent supposed to take it seriously, but i mean..why do that?
XD
I'm sorry if it came off as arrogant. It was actually meant to be a joke as well.

So, don't feel bad about it, eh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Talking about women and picking them up, I wouldn't really use pick up lines. As many a CRPGer I believe, I'm pretty shy at certain times. My voice could drastically change very unconfident when speaking to a person I do not know well. Maybe in a few years though..
Old 11-12-2004, 01:40 PM   #80
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
"Want to come back to my place and stare at the ceiling for a few minutes?"
Ah Yes, I use a less impressive varient of this. "Want to come back and stare at the ceiling for about 15 seconds? Maybe 20 we're lucky..

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Saw her hanging around with a guy in another one of my classes, made friends with the guy, made friends with his friends, including her.

We've been a couple since monday.
Something you want to tell us? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Nothing I want to tell you at all [img]tongue.gif[/img] ME and HELEN have been a couple since monday. Totally hetrosexual I may add [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Lancashire with a tub of nutella... "Coo-ee! Biiiinkyyyy!" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Oh... God... What've I done?! I'm taken I'm taken! [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img]

Back! Back I Say!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]