Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark [NWN 2] Is now the best time to cover my face?

I have Neverwinter Nights (Original):
- all the expansions
- a host of player made expansions
- tempted to find the latest rendition of PRC
- needing to hunt down the latest edition of the CEP

and I have played it...

I also have Neverwinter Nights 2:
- never been opened
- growing dust on my shelf
- read about it and even prepurchased it...

so is now the time to go out and purchase Mask Of The Betrayer?

The reason I ask about this is I heard so much about how many things went WRONG with NeverWinter Nights 2. I figured if I waited a year, waited for the inevidable expansion to come out, and waited for the (also inevidable) patches to hit the scene it would be as playable as the original. By now, there are player-created modules, weapons, and perhaps even (hopefully easily) added spells and people. Should this be the moment I cave and buy the expansion and put the game on my computer?

====
====

On a side note for NeverWinter Nights (Original), has anyone successfully added NPCs to the original modules? I am thinking of starting up a new game from the beginning, and in the Shadows Of Undrentide, I know there is a way to successfully add Mischa Waymeet to the module. Anyone out there try it before? (And yes, I'll be keeping my game patched with the Tony K additions which allow for greater control over your henchmen and their items.)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Default Re: [NWN 2] Is now the best time to cover my face?

Yeah you should. If you want to skip the OC of nwn2 that's fine, since act I is a horrible hackfest and it only gets moderately better after that. Nevertheless, it's not much worse than both BG's and definately better than NWN1 or it's expansions.

Mask of the Betrayer is, however, quite another story. There hasn't been a rpg with that much meaningful choices since Arcanum. Many people on the RPGCodex prefer to compare it with PS:T.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Arrow Re: [NWN 2] Is now the best time to cover my face?

Okay, are there any recommendations for downloads you would make for the game? My plans are right now to purchase Mask Of The Betrayer next week with what little cash I make from work and then install it. (Of course, that'll be after I do some serious clearing out of my hard drive.) I'll still be playing NeverWinter Nights Original, but I think my computer should be good enough to run NWN2 at full speed. Of course, I have been wrong before, and people have stated that machine better than mine were choking on the graphics.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Default Re: [NWN 2] Is now the best time to cover my face?

I'd recommend downloading some mods only if you really don't like the way the game is. There are various mods changing various stuff about the game. I, however, use no mods cause I think the game is fine as it is.