Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-05-2002, 04:00 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Well I just wanted to present myself inhere...I might be a newbie in TES but I´m a hardcore gamer in BGseries!

I´ve got some rather general questions:

1. How do I fight the ghosts in Scyda Nee...or whatever the name is?
(I´m talking bout the ghosts in the crypt)
2. any good items lying around waiting for me to grab them in Scyda nee...?
3. wich fighter class is best?

I´m a breton Knight and I think I should have gone another way...picking another race and doing the knight thing!!

Wich is the best armor in the game...early in the game?
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 05:16 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparhawk:
Well I just wanted to present myself inhere...I might be a newbie in TES but I´m a hardcore gamer in BGseries!

I´ve got some rather general questions:

1. How do I fight the ghosts in Scyda Nee...or whatever the name is?
(I´m talking bout the ghosts in the crypt)
2. any good items lying around waiting for me to grab them in Scyda nee...?
3. wich fighter class is best?

I´m a breton Knight and I think I should have gone another way...picking another race and doing the knight thing!!

Wich is the best armor in the game...early in the game?
You need an enchanted weapon to fight the ghosts that early in the game. your best bet is the sword of white woe, which you can find in one of the guardtowers in Balmora, you have to steal it though. There is one ring you can find in Seyda Neen, which has healing powers if i'm right. I really can't say which is the best fighter class, i chose to be a redguard scout, and i finished the game with him fairly easy.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:33 PM   #3
B_part
Quintesson

1)The name is Seyda Neen.
As to the ghost, and ghosts in general, they can be hit only by a silver or more powerful weapon (=dwemer, ebony, daedric). Enchantments will also deal damage (this means that if you have a nordic broadsword, which is made of steel, enchanted with fire damage, only the fire will deal damage).
The same thing goes for arrows or darts or any other markmanship weapon.
General tip: ghosts tend to damage your attributes (although usually only for a short time), so carry some restore attributes potions with you if you don't have the corresponding spells.

Character: if you want to play a warrior, choose nord, orc or redguard, according to what skills you prefer (each race has bonus on certain skills). I like Redguards very much, because I love the Adrenaline Rush power. Yet, it is a matter of taste and skill choice

Armor: depends on whether you prefer light, medium or heavy armor, but since you are playing a warrior type, I assume you like the heavy stuff. So, ranging from worst to best, there are: iron, steel, silver, trollbone, dwemer, ebony, daedric (see below the image), unique items.
Should you prefer light armor, the rankings are: nordic fur, netch leather, chitin, domina armor (official plugin from Bethesda, armor for women charachters only), glass, unique items.
I am not proficient with medium armor, but from the looting I have done, orcish armor should be the best.
Early in the game you get steel and chitin (or domina, which is on sale and not terribly expensive)
Old 10-05-2002, 05:57 PM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You can get magical weapons in Seyda Neen for free. You might want to improve your Axe skill, though. There are some hollow tree stumps close to the Lighthouse. You might want to take a look inside 'em.

Best armour depends very much on your char's armour skill: If Light, you need light armour for best protection, if Medium, medium armour, if Heavy, heavy armour. You will not get good protection from ANY armour if it is not your char's particular armour skill.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:12 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Its very good that I can get free magic armor in seyda neen...but WHERE?
This game is SO big and I do not intend to use a couple of weeks in Seyda Neen to find some magical weapons!

Wich quests are avilable in Seyda Neen...

I´ve done the dead tax collector...
The wizard that kinda blows up...got a nice enchanted weapon from that
Fargoths hiding place...would it be better to keep the money?
The smugglers cave...easy stuff!

I´m wondering about playing an Imperial since they´ve got good skills in
longsword
heavy armor
and merchantile
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 10-05-2002, 09:59 PM   #6
Fljotsdale

Magid WEAPONS in Seyda Neen, not magic armour! Duh!

Fargoth - no, take the money to the guy at the store. You get some given back and your reputation goes up some. The better your rep, the better prices you get for items and training, same as with Speechcraft and Mercantile.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:07 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

THEN WHERE ARE THE MAGIC WEAPONS duh!

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 10-06-2002, 06:32 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparhawk:
THEN WHERE ARE THE MAGIC WEAPONS duh!
Don't exactly know.... did you try the house that's locked ?
Old 10-06-2002, 08:29 AM   #9
Fljotsdale

I TOLD you to look in the tree stumps around the Lighthouse! Sheesh!

Lemme tell you in detail!

Walk up to the lighthouse door. BACK off a bit and look down to your left. There is a tree stump. The top is hollowed out. Inside is some gold and a weapon. Pick them up.
Walk back to the door. To your left is a pile of rocks. Climb them. Look left, a little forwards and down. Another nice hollow tree stump. JUMP down to land on it. Pick up goodies.
There is another tree stump in the locality with goodies in it. I'll let you find it yourself - you will need to do some climbing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 10:10 AM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Damn thanx...I´ll go look right away...can´t wait till my girlfriend moves in....in four days...she´s a hardcore gamer hehehe!

"Unleash the Casey!"