Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2001, 04:11 AM   #1
Newbie2001
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you beat the Adamantium Golem? Nothing i do seems to be effective against it? It is resistant to magic and all my weapons are ineffective against it. HELP!
Newbie2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 04:17 AM   #2
Skunk
Banned User

You need a +4 weapon (or greater) to make any scratches. As far as his magical resistence is concerned, you might try lowering it with 'lower magic resistence' spell... Magic missile then works pretty well...
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 04:21 AM   #3
Newbie2001
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A +4 weapon? Holy smokes!...where the heck can i get a +4 weapon? Oh well, I guess i'll have to stick to using lower magic resistance on it and see what spells i can use. Thanx for the info.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:26 AM   #4
Whailor

Staff of Rhynn in Adventurer's Mart is +4 one.. I forgot where that golem is, so I cannot tell whether you can have Crom Faeyr by that time or not. But if it's possible, then that hammer will do just nicely.

I don't know if you need +4 Blunt weapon, if any +4 will do then there were some sort of spells which gave/summoned such thingies. Just that in many cases they go in hands of those casters, who are crappy fighters. Maybe some cleric with platemail, and buffs and Holy Might and such summoned or enchanted weapon..

In any case, I may be totally off. I never was much into the spells. I have been mainly a melee person, with additional ranged attacks. Spells I use for heals and debuffs [img]smile.gif[/img]

Someone will definately know what to suggest tho..
Old 11-15-2001, 04:28 AM   #5
Whailor

Forgot to add, if any +4 and better weapon will do, then from ranged weapons for exaple the Sling of Everard is handy. Cutthroat (shortsword) was +4. Well, in any case, hang on till someone competent will answer to you
Old 11-15-2001, 04:28 AM   #6
YeRFDoG
The Magister

You can buy +4 weapons in Athkatla. Like the staff of Rynn and the (forgot name ) barbarian sword or whatever it is, 1d12+4, are available in the explorer's mart. Also the Carsomyr if you have a Paladin (not available in expl mart [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 11-15-2001, 04:40 AM   #7
Newbie2001
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everyone! I guess i'll just have to get a hold of the carsomyr first and then come back and kill the golem. Darn it...i have the scroll for lower magic resistance but aerie can't copy it into her spell book because of the spell limit with her stats. Well, at least my main character is a paladin and will be able to use the carsomyr.
Old 11-15-2001, 06:13 AM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I should add, if you have been to the Underdark, you can get the Rod of Smiting, which will put paid to any golem, except, I think, Magic Golem. Oh, don't worry, it's in TOB.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 06:17 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You only need a +3 weapon. Try getting it stuck behind a doorway or a narrow passage, you can then proceed to poke it with a +3 or better two-handed weapon. If you position your men properly, the range of the weapon should be longer than the Golem's arm range.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 07:43 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

I never have been able to forge it at Cromwell, but you guys don't mention Crom Faeyr. Is it useless against Adamantite Golems, or something like that? Crom Faeyr is said to kill trolls and golems in one hit, so I think that would be most effective..

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote