Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Working as intended?

So I get the Stone, teleport to Skullport, and then log out, figuring I have the stone, I can just port back when I come back in, and the stone is gone. I honestly can't recall if this one stone always worked that way, but just in case something is wonky with the script, I figure I better point it out. Especially if the script is hosed for the rest of them too. I haven't gotten far enough to know yet.

Edit: The stone is now staying in my inventory. Not sure what happened, but I've had it the last few times I logged in, even though I chose to go through the sewers the last couple of times.

Last edited by robertthebard; 04-20-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: More information
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Worried Re: Working as intended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
So I get the Stone, teleport to Skullport, and then log out, figuring I have the stone, I can just port back when I come back in, and the stone is gone. I honestly can't recall if this one stone always worked that way, but just in case something is wonky with the script, I figure I better point it out. Especially if the script is hosed for the rest of them too. I haven't gotten far enough to know yet.

Edit: The stone is now staying in my inventory. Not sure what happened, but I've had it the last few times I logged in, even though I chose to go through the sewers the last couple of times.

Hmm, I haven't messed with the scripts for the teleporter R.A.T.S system.. try again.. I DO believe a long time ago I turned off the 'cannot drop it' flag off, so maybe you dropped it? or sold it? dunno.. but try again and let me know.. is it the cross stone near Roddybug?

Let me know if it repeats. could have been an overall server glitch. weird!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Working as intended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Hmm, I haven't messed with the scripts for the teleporter R.A.T.S system.. try again.. I DO believe a long time ago I turned off the 'cannot drop it' flag off, so maybe you dropped it? or sold it? dunno.. but try again and let me know.. is it the cross stone near Roddybug?

Let me know if it repeats. could have been an overall server glitch. weird!
I think it was just a one off glitch, since after I got it the second time, I haven't lost it again. The server was making me work for it.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think the problem is logging into another site, say, a CEP site where you create areas/equipment/scripts.

Saving your character in any other site seems to erase the teleporter stones from that characters inventory.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, unless they have the massive hakpak's, those item icons wouldn't show up.. they MAY still be in your inventory, just invisible.. possibly.. or, as you said, when saving, it error checks, and removes anything not in 'their' hakpak's...

So I guess make efu_username chars for just EFU.. ? what a hassle eh? Damn gamespy... grrrr...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Considering I didn't take the character anywhere else, I think I just bugged on it that one time. I haven't had the issue since.