Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, i'm not spending any real money on it either, i signed up for a free account. I'm not a complete moron, if it would have cost me a single penny to register, i wouldn't have bothered in the first place. I realize that a free account gives you less priviliges, items, and a place you can call home, but i never planned on getting into it very much, simply because i don't have the time for it, my first life needs attention too.

it only costs you money if you agree to an upgrade of your account. Kinda like Kazaa, you can use it, but if you want all the benefits, they want your creditcardnumber first, and that's where i say "thanks but no thanks".
Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #12
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Neither does real beer for that matter. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
It does if you inject it directly to your brain.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I am a huge fan of Second-Life and I have made over 200 dollars playing it. While many people have reported seeing "Greifer" attacks, and while there are a number of "Freaks" out and about, I, thankfully, never see any of them because I stick to remote areas which are either unpopular or which cater to a unique, accepting, and vibrant crowd of intellectual members who seek nothing but peace and solace. I would mention my favorite SL hangout here but I don't want anyone knowing about it at all unless they're a close friend. Anyone who wants to visit me there is completely welcome. All you have to do is look me up and I'll send you a waypoint marker to teleport to me.

My name is Ian Timtam.

I'm a leader of the Sandbox Vagabond Guild. Essentially we're skilled modlers, artsits, and programmers who work to construct things in sanxboes while remaining peacefull and sometimes marketing our creations to the public for very small fees.

I'm absolutely notorious for giving out free stuff. So if you ever want anything feel free to ask. I'm not on "regularly" but if I'm having a slow week I will go on and just tinker around with the engine. While most of SL may be crappy and in need of serious artistry I work to try and bring a little beauty back into the engine using all the tools it has available.

I'm constantly trying to produce something no one's ever seen before. I don't see it as a game at all. While I see it can exist as an avatar chat program, I mostly see it as a 3 dimensional programming compiler which allows me to build, code, and create fun and cool things while letting my imagination run wild. While normally I could just do this with a 3D rendering program, I get a lot of satisfaction out of being able to instantly share my creations as I'm building them with others. It's fun when you make something while not being alone. I suppose I really enjoy the idea of a grouped working environment and that's why I'm hooked on using it to make stuff. Either way, I've essentially concluded that there isn't anything I cannot create using SL in some way.

Anyway, like I said, if you want to get in touch, I'm Ian Timtam. Search for me and send me a message.

As for the whole "benefits" thing thats just a load of crap. If you can model in 3D, use photo shop, and write simple scripts in C++ you're pretty much set, as far as Second-life is concerned. You'd never need to spend a penny on anything and just create everything you'd ever want.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, if you ever see a Rikky Bonato wandering around aimlessly, don't be afraid to tap me on the shoulder, it's me.

Don't ask about the name, it's a bitch to finally come up with a username that hasn't already been taken.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

ROTFL!! Gawd your fake name sounds as bad as my Yahoo account fake name LOL, i.e., both sound kind of Italian LOL. My Yahoo account I made up, and for the same reasons, just looking for a name not already taken. Mine is Gloria Bernicelli. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Found ya, Rikky Boneto [img]tongue.gif[/img] I sent you a waypoint marker to a sandbox zone. Don't let the people there scare you. They're going to look... pretty weird xD but they're just creative chaps.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
ROTFL!! Gawd your fake name sounds as bad as my Yahoo account fake name LOL, i.e., both sound kind of Italian LOL. My Yahoo account I made up, and for the same reasons, just looking for a name not already taken. Mine is Gloria Bernicelli. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Well, i tried to at least give the character my real first name, but i got turned down time and time again. I've had this sort of thing happen to me before on some of the larger gamingforums outthere, and eventually you simply don't care anymore, and settle with whatever get's you registered. That's also how i got my insane MSN addy, everything i tried was already taken, and i won't even mention AOL, i never managed to finish creating an account with them.