Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 08:46 AM   #51
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Our policies in the middle east have always been to try and bring peace to a people who have been slaughtering each other for centuries all in the name of "god" Of course they forget the passages in the Koran that forbid the killing of innocents because those are inconvenient to their blood lust.
BTW So did Christians, not so long ago. The crusades? The many, many wars in our history? They are completely against what stands in the bible.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-12-2001, 08:46 AM   #52
MagiK

For whoever asked..no yuou are not alone in supporting Bush, I don't always agree with the Repulcian party but he has impressed me as someone who can change his life and live with dignity and honour. he has impressed every single world leader he has met with as an Honest, sincere and Honorable man...they have said so publicly even if they disagree with his policies.

Ask Valdimir Putin...he was very Anti-Bush until they actually met and Putin has called him a "truely Great Man" So he is a lousey Public Speaker I don't care if he can speak in public as long as he can get the job done. As for last nights speach...I thought it was ok, it wont rock the world but it was exactly what was needed and wasn't full of grandstanding or political maneuvering.

The video of congress singing God Bless america did bring tears to my eyes, even though my cynical heart did think, ohh what a "Photo-Op"

God Bless America, God Bless the Prsident and Our other leaders and God Bless all of you out there who have shown kindness and sympathy for us.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 08:46 AM   #53
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

Luther is an ignoramus and doesnt know what he is talking about. The USA is not behind destroying anyones way of life...unless they happen to be despotic dictators or religious fanatics that kill innocent men, women and children.
What America has or hasn't done is of no importance now. NOTHING justifies such gruesome acts of terrorism. Similarly, NOTHING justifies avenging the innocents who died yesterday by bombing other innocents. We all have to STOP thinking in terms of races and countries. There are complete bastards and good-hearted people in EVERY country. You CANNOT blame a whole people for the actions of a few inhuman beasts they have in their midst.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-12-2001, 08:48 AM   #54
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
BTW So did Christians, not so long ago. The crusades? The many, many wars in our history? They are completely against what stands in the bible.

Kaz you are so so so off base with that comment. It wasn't US christians doing that slaughtering...there was no USA at that time. Yes the crusades did bring war but they diod not bring the first war to the area, were they right no but what the hell does a religious incursion several hundred years ago have to do with todays peace efforts? Doood! err Dooodette! your on the wrong page.

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 08:50 AM   #55
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
You CANNOT blame a whole people for the actions of a few inhuman beasts they have in their midst.
And if you think you can, then you might as well nuke away all of Germany right now - I'm sure there are still a few Nazi war criminals hiding the cracks. Oh, but America, too - all these school shootings? Timothy McVeigh? I'd call those inhuman beasts as well.

------------------

Kazara

Old 09-12-2001, 08:52 AM   #56
Kaz

Quote:
Kaz you are so so so off base with that comment. It wasn't US christians doing that slaughtering...there was no USA at that time. Yes the crusades did bring war but they diod not bring the first war to the area, were they right no but what the hell does a religious incursion several hundred years ago have to do with todays peace efforts? Doood! err Dooodette! your on the wrong page.

I did not mean the US in that comment, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I thought (must've misunderstood) that you'd made a generalization against Muslim extremists. There were Christian extremists too, I just wanted to mention that.

------------------

Kazara

Old 09-12-2001, 08:53 AM   #57
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
it is worth remembering that this country wasn't beaten by the largest empire in the late 20th century, the USSR.
"war is not about who is right...but who is left"

Sir-Tainly they survived that incursion by the soviets only with MASSIVE aid from this coutry, they received aid in the form of weapons, training and military advisers. The single most important thing they got fromt he uSA were stinger missiles which allowed them to fend off the Soviet Helocopters which were tearing them up.

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 08:56 AM   #58
Luther
Manshoon

Quote:

Quit ragging people. Say what you've gotta say but leave the individual jibes out. You say you've been here and there (in intelligence or whatever), doesn't mean you're right. If anything it more than likely gives you a healthy dose of bias toward American action.

Old 09-12-2001, 08:58 AM   #59
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Nick, like I posted before: as soon as you start to believe you are entitled to bomb innocents because they happen to live in a country that supports terrorists, you are, IMHO, not a hair better than those who made the attacks on America yesterday.

Mel that's the problem with war. I'm sure if anything is done that we will be very careful of where we bomb. We will not go after the innocents like these monsters did. Thats what sets us apart from terroists. We do not go out and try to kill innocents. Some may die, but it is not our intention. The problem is that we must stop terrorists. They can stike anywhere in my country or yours. We cannot let this happen again anywhere?

------------------

TD..TD...
Old 09-12-2001, 08:59 AM   #60
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I did not mean the US in that comment, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I thought (must've misunderstood) that you'd made a generalization against Muslim extremists. There were Christian extremists too, I just wanted to mention that.

No Kaz what I was trying to get accross was that we are being touted as destroyers of peoples lives because we have been trying for the couple of decades to bring peace to areas that are being ripped apart now because of religions, the peoples of that part of the world were trying to wipe each other out before the crusades and have continued to this day.

The USA has tried to help the people of the region, we helpped Iraq defend itself against Iran..and look how Iraq turned out, Afghanistan exists today because we helpped them devend against the Soviets ...now look how we are repaid. We rebuilt France after world war 2...look how friendly france is to us....Frankly with results like that I think we should quit helpping people and let them fend for themselves.....but we don't because we actually care about people. No it isn't all altruism, we also know that if everyone is at peace then trade and economies run smoother...War disrupts trade, and is bad for everyone but the arms dealers.

------------------