Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 08:05 AM   #41
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:
I have a habit of generalizing things, perhaps to an unfair extent, but still. Every action has a reaction.
Exactly, mate, you do indeed. Not that I don't see where you're coming from, but this IS out of line!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-12-2001, 08:28 AM   #42
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Certainly not. I know this is an emotional time and anguish is running high (I nearly lost my sister to this, but luckily she was a few blocks away). All I'm saying is that before you condemn the evil of others, you have to realize your own evil (even if you never before saw it as such). A terrible tragedy has occured here, but in order for this sort of thing to not happen again then a SERIOUS look at how America has treated the rest of the world up until now has to be taken. I have a habit of generalizing things, perhaps to an unfair extent, but still. Every action has a reaction.
Luther that is a joke. This is a great time for America bashers like you to come out. God forbid that your country be hit by terroists. I'm sure your counrty DOES NO WRONG. Is America that bad. Does America help your country? Probally. Does America help most countrys around the globe? Yes! Should we bomb countrys who aid and fund terroists. Yes! This world must stand together aginst terrorism! Your counrty could be next. Watch your words, because you may someday eat them!

------------------

TD..TD...

[This message has been edited by nick1979 (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 08:29 AM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Certainly not. I know this is an emotional time and anguish is running high (I nearly lost my sister to this, but luckily she was a few blocks away). All I'm saying is that before you condemn the evil of others, you have to realize your own evil (even if you never before saw it as such). A terrible tragedy has occured here, but in order for this sort of thing to not happen again then a SERIOUS look at how America has treated the rest of the world up until now has to be taken. I have a habit of generalizing things, perhaps to an unfair extent, but still. Every action has a reaction.
OK, fair enough, this second post of yours displays much more maturity and shows compassion for those innocents that lost their lives yesterday. My aunt nearly lost her life as well. Your opinion above may prove to be an unpopular one, but you are entitled to express it - as long as you show respect towards the opinions and feelings of others.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 08:36 AM   #44
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by nick1979:
Luther that is a joke. This is a great time for America bashers like you to come out. God forbid that your country be hit by terroists. I'm sure your counrty DOES NO WRONG. Is America that bad. Does America help your country? Probally. Does America help most countrys around the globe? Yes! Should we bomb countrys who aid and fund terroists. Yes! This world must stand together aginst terrorism! Your counrty could be next. Watch your words, because you may someday eat them!

Nick, like I posted before: as soon as you start to believe you are entitled to bomb innocents because they happen to live in a country that supports terrorists, you are, IMHO, not a hair better than those who made the attacks on America yesterday.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-12-2001, 08:39 AM   #45
MagiK

Just for those who are interested, there is INTEL from some kind of intercepts (probably cell phones) that Bin Lahdden (sp) is at least indirectly and at most directly behind the attacks.

Luther is an ignoramus and doesnt know what he is talking about. The USA is not behind destroying anyones way of life...unless they happen to be despotic dictators or religious fanatics that kill innocent men, women and children. Our policies in the middle east have always been to try and bring peace to a people who have been slaughtering each other for centuries all in the name of "god" Of course they forget the passages in the Koran that forbid the killing of innocents because those are inconvenient to their blood lust.

Bin Lahden(sp) claims to be Muslim but he ignores all the most sacred tennants of the faith, how the morons in the street can support him, is just an example of what happens when you keep the people ignorant and illiterate.

I've vented enough, The USA has had people do some wrong things but no one deserves what happened yesterday. And in a country that shelters a Bin Lahden(sp) there are no truely innocent (except the children) because even the supposedly innocent allow their governments to sponsor a madman.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 08:41 AM   #46
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
You are generalizing. We are all talking about 'a country that supports terrorists' but thi country is made up of millions of people, most of whom had nothing at all to do with this. If we kill all these innocents because of the actions of a few of them, we're no better than they are.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-12-2001, 08:41 AM   #47
Luther
Manshoon

Quote:
Luther you are a joke. This is a great time for America bashers like you to come out.

Hmmmm, I remember something about in the registration about not 'bashing' individual members of the forum, maybe I'm wrong there, who knows.
And you're right, it is a great time for America-Bashers. I don't hate America, they do some nice things around the world. Thomas Jefferson had some great ideas. I don't like foreign intervention though. As tiring as my postings are, just think about how angry you would be if a foreign nation had dominance of your home and then condemned you for fighting for what you could very justifyably call 'freedom'. Not everyone sees the world with American consumer eyes. And different people have different interpretations as to the value and nature of human life. Try to relax.
That's the great thing about the net. Dipshits and whackos can get their chance to rant and rave
Old 09-12-2001, 08:43 AM   #48
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
Hey Grand-Ranger! I'm rather impressed with Bush right now. He seems to be doing a good job of handling this.

If we go to war with Afghanistan, chances are, all of our allies will join in, basically meaning all of NATO. I don't think Afghanistan could really stand up to a determined assault by that kind of force.

Personally, right now I think war with Afghanistan is VERY likely. Our whole stance and Bush's speech basically made that very clear. He said "...and those who harbor them." Well, that kind of points directly at Afghanistan and Bin Laden. I'm not absolutely sure what I think of who did this at this point though. I really don't want to guess without any hard evidence supporting it.

-Jafin

I just hope Mr. Bush gets good advice as the consequences of his actions will be far reaching. Also if war is declared of Afghanistan, it is worth remembering that this country wasn't beaten by the largest empire in the late 20th century, the USSR. I sincerely hope war is avoided... as someone has on their sig

"war is not about who is right...but who is left"

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 09-12-2001, 08:44 AM   #49
skywalker
Banned User

I find it very sad that so many had to die in this horrific act of terrorism which has caused us to take this evil seriously. Terrorism is not new. Why should it get to this level before action is taken?

Mark
Old 09-12-2001, 08:44 AM   #50
Luther
Manshoon

<-------- That's wierd. My post came out as a quote. Fancy that.