Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 12:37 PM   #1
Blade
Emerald Dragon

The president when he heard this returned to the washington area to the presidential bunker built to survive a nuclear attack. Any thoughts on this?

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 12:39 PM   #2
Vampire

I hope the bunker has a great big hole. just kidding....

NOT

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:40 PM   #3
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
The president when he heard this returned to the washington area to the presidential bunker built to survive a nuclear attack. Any thoughts on this?

First - do we believe that he's really in Washington? I'd have thought he'd be on AF1 tooling around at high altitude. Second - if he IS, bravo for returning to the scene of the crime, but - COWARD for hiding in a bunker. No one else got to hide in a bunker!!!!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-11-2001, 12:43 PM   #4
Moni

It was announced just now that President Bush will not be returning to Washington.
His location when Air-Force One lands will not be disclosed.

That is not to say though that he did not actually head for the presidential bunker in D.C. God knows he can be safe there...screw us who are left above ground.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 12:43 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

I refuse to comment on the grounds that I will write something nasty. This is not the time fot me to vent my spleen about The President. I feel bad for him having to deal with all this though.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 12:43 PM   #6
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
First - do we believe that he's really in Washington? I'd have thought he'd be on AF1 tooling around at high altitude. Second - if he IS, bravo for returning to the scene of the crime, but - COWARD for hiding in a bunker. No one else got to hide in a bunker!!!!

I'm digging the bunker for my teddy bear (his name is Furball and aspires to be part of the Ironworks ) right now! And I'm all the way in England where the grass is always green (why did I say that)?

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:45 PM   #7
trux

it's not exactly cowardice that the president and the rest of the top government officials go into hiding. without them being safe we're a country with no governing body, which is a far more dangerous thing than anything that's happened thus far.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 09-11-2001, 12:46 PM   #8
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If I heard correctly, ABC News is going to cover a Presidential press conference at an Air Force base in Louisiana.
Old 09-11-2001, 12:46 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

I hope the bunker has a great big hole. just kidding....

NOT

Avatar, just my 2c, this is NOT the time to be making politically-sensitive jokes. This is the third anti-Bush joke I've read from you. Your timing may be a bit off and I don't want you to end up getting flamed by others as a result.

You're absolutely entitled to express your opinion - we don't censor any of that here. But show a bit of tact. Leave the anti-Bush rhetoric for when people have calmed down and can respond to you rationally. It's just commonsense, I don't want you inflaming people here, ok?

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:48 PM   #10
MagiK

In reality the President boarded AF1 and after that No one not involved with national security knows where he went. It only makes sense for the HEAD of a nation to go somewhere safe and well connected to all the communications devices available, there is no way he can help the nation take steps to recover and to get things under control if he does not go to a SECURE command center. It is a sure sign of ignorance of the realities of life if you think it is a sign of HIS or any of congresses cowardice to be in secure locations. I might ad that both the house and senate were evacuated and moved to secure fascilities before the prez even boarded AF1....I live in the DC area, and I have been associated with security issues in the past, things have been handled with a remarkable efficiency so far. so get off the prsidents back please. NOW is not the time for petty political potshots.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.