Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-17-2001, 07:21 PM   #181
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Ok, Liliara, it was day time, but now its night (or so im guessing...) and Encard, lemme try and explain what is going on. *clears throat* First of all, Shade, Liliara, and myself, Skye, are off traveling to a tower, to help complete Liliara's "quest." But where the tower is, only elves can enter (maybe half-elves too... im not sure... Shade? mind answering this?). So our group is almost there anywayz. LS and the rest of the Bar patrons are going to go to LF, and help him out, and also go and wage war against his, er, "employer", i guess u could say. ^_^;; That's where you are right now. LF, is at his "employer's" empire/castle thing, and it turns out that he is going to where Skye and co. is going, perhaps after teh same item. In other words, the Bar is heading to LF's employer, Skye and co. is heading towards a tower for a quest, and LF is heading to the same tower. ^_^;; so there are sorta three groups going right now... hope this cleared up your confusion. Anywayz... time to get this show on da road!
IC- Skye snatched her bag from Shade, and after glaring at him, she turned to Liliara. "Unfortunately, we have to wait for a few more days, according to Shade. At least, if we wanna be 'safe'. Although, we could always go for unsafe... what do you think?" Skye asked Liliara.
OOC- Not alot to say... sorta need Shade to clear this up... I'll edit my post after I know how many days have past, etc. ^_^;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
Princess of Blondeness, second only to Aerie, who is Queen of Blondeness.
Entertainer/idiot and Elven bard at the Bar.My Website!
Old 09-18-2001, 01:58 PM   #182
Lord Shield

Judging by the last attempt, LF has ungodly strength and may be undead too - something like a Death Knight

and I don't want to hurt the little idiot - he's one of us, he just doesn't know it yet

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 09-18-2001, 03:05 PM   #183
Neb
Account deleted by Request

"What sort of foes should we be expecting when we arrive at whatever place it is we are going to arrive at?" Asked Kivan "Are there likely to be traps? What sort? Magical ones? Mechanical ones? Combinations?"

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-18-2001, 04:22 PM   #184
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

As if suddenly, the ground shakes beneath them, and the three Elves find themselves sprawled across the floor. Shade recovers instantly, and leaps to the window. "Damn! I am so daft for forgetting!" The Assassin turns to his companions with a serious look on his face. "Grab your belongings, we must leave now!" The two gesture to what the hurry is, but Shade replies with a "Not now, we must leave!" As the three adventurers rush out of the Inn, and towards the Tower, Liliara and Skye see an enormous shadow in the sky. Skye lets out a shriek, and Liliara points to the sky, "What is that?!" Without moving his head to face the sky, he replies with, "That is the remains of an Ancient Dragon, Druvsgoth the Red. He died about 400 years ago, and has been terrorizing this town ever since." Fire breaches a house to the party's far left, and another catches fire to their right. "Come, we must hurry. Once we reach the fog we will be safe from his fiery breath." The party scurries from behind one house to another, until they reach the dense fog..
Old 09-18-2001, 04:23 PM   #185
Encard
Quintesson

Encard thinks for a moment.

Encard: Hmm... There'll probably be robots, so any type of water product would be appreciated. Water arrows... hmm... I wonder if I could make some...

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-18-2001, 04:54 PM   #186
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: Ok backstory. When I created LF he was returning from a dwarven kingdom where he had beforehand stolen the two rune axes he uses to fight with. He was sent on this mission with 2 companions a theif and a spellcaster(Delphie), after an unfortunate incident LF kills the theif and is forced to recruit a new one from a dwarven prison cell ('Theif' the theif) who then bungles the job and the three have to fight their way out barely having enough time to forge his name on runeaxes (making them his) before they had to escape.

In the confusion of the battle LF uses the opertunity to take Delphie's staff, an object that makes her v.powerfull and v.unstable, and hides it. Unfortunaly for them they had to make their escape at that moment and without her staff Delphie teleports them to the goblin tunnels rather than their home (Evil Isle).

Evil Isle is like the BG2 bar in that it can move through space (and time), remaining hidden, Lord Muro found this island after it had been buried by preists of Lathender in an attemp to hide it from the world after they defeated the original owners (a coterie of Cyric's chosen). He now uses is as a base of operations for activities across the universe, able to compress time at will he has spent thousands of years training alone to become one of the strongest mortals in existance.

However in order to preserve his life (even elves die after a while) he has been bound to island by it's magic, which while granting him immortality of a sort also means he cannot leave the palace core of the island, slowly driving him insane and utterly determined to get free. He is assisting Lord Sword in destroying Lord Shield but has been blinded as to the hidden motives of this great superpower in his desperation and madness.

Story wise this means that monsters on Evil Isle can be of nearly any intelligent race or plane, vampires, deamons, golems + robots. As for LF he is v.tough, while not being undead he has been implanted with a deamon in an attempt to extend his short lifespan (poor humans) and will put up quite a fight if challenged (he managed to break Celestial Fury after being starved for several weeks at full power he is a powerfull opponent as are many of the agents of Lord Muro, it's it's debatable as to whether he could stand up to Lord Sheild's avatar's or the combined power of all the members of the BG2 bar.

I will try to balence things out with weaker opponets for those of you who pwuld prefer to use weaker characters to enhance the roleplaing aspect of this forum...

NB: tell me if I am writing too much I feel guilty forcing you guys to read so much.
Old 09-18-2001, 05:01 PM   #187
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: This is looking promising! Does anyone mind if Kivan, Rissa and Ben meet up with two other of Kivan's friends who managed to stumble on to Evil Isle by accident?)
Old 09-18-2001, 05:14 PM   #188
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Unfortunately, while they were running through the fog, SKye tripped and fell (how typical). Of course, she got separated. "Um, guys, you there? Heelllloooo, anyone? Just great..." Skye sighed, as she slouched back down on the ground. *Ffsssshhh* a flame of fire shot right past SKye's arm, causing to her to jump up and start running again, madly. "Gyaaaaaaaa!" she yelped, as she dashed forward, she hoped in the right direction. After a bit of running, she stumbled upon a device of some sort. "What the-" Those were the last thoughts that came to SKye's head, as she found herself plummeting into a dark crevasse (sp?).

"Oooh, my head..." Skye moaned, as she sat up. She looked up. The fog was gone, and it was mid-afternoon. "Darn, probably left behind, as usual..." Skye thought miserably. (she's refering to past experiences -_-; She looked around quickly, as she heard a low growl. She found herself surounded by an increasingly small circle of dire wolves. "Just great, I fall through a cavern ceiling, to be stuck in a pit unconcious for half a day, to wake up and be surrounded by wolves. Why couldnt you have made it easy on me, and had picked me off in my sleep?!" Skye yelled at the wolves. One of them licked its chops. SKye readied herself for a fight. "Hm, 10 to one, not too bad odds..." SKye muttered to herself. The Dire wolves started to lung at her, and she fought them off with her sword, going through her moves smoothly and fluidly (she is a blade bard, by the way, so amazingly as it is, Skye CAN fight, otherwise she wouldnt still be alive. ^_^;; ) About 4 of the wolves were dead, and 2 wounded, and SKye was tiring quickly. "I can't take much more of this..." She panted. She groaned as she heard a howl echo throughout the cavern. "Great, back-up. What a way to go... well, best make a grande finale," she thought to herself, cynically. She quickly went into a defensive spin, while she worked on one of the few spells she had memorized (thank god, she knew they would come in handy sometime).She shot her spell out at the surrounding wolves, who whimpered, and then desintegrated, as they were hit by a giant fireball. More came forward to take their place. "Darn it, that took alot of my energy..." SKye panted. "Well, lets go out with a bang!" She went into a dizzying offensive spin, slashing at anything and everything. But the dire wolves soon broke through. As one was about to make its finishing move, and crush her throat, a brilliant amithyst(sp?) purple and sea blue light shone out, blindingly, while a surge of magic washed over SKye and the dire wolves, who drew back, uncertainly. Skye turned around, to discover that the sphere that she had gotten from the small shop was pulsing with light, and cracks were appearing up and down it. "What the-" Skye thought for the second time that day, as she watched the strange item burst apart.
OOC- ok thats enough typing. sound interesting enough? ^_^;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
Princess of Blondeness, second only to Aerie, who is Queen of Blondeness.
Entertainer/idiot and Elven bard at the Bar.My Website!
Old 09-18-2001, 05:19 PM   #189
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: You're writing a perfect amount.

IC: Encard removes a magical, ever-full waterskin from his bag, as well as a small golden bowl set with sappires, several small blew jewels, some arrows, a few large vials of powder, and a knife apparently made of interlaced diamond and sapphire, somehow set together perfectly. He fills the bowl with water from the waterskin while mumbling something unintelligible to the others, apparently speaking in some long-dead language. He then takes a piunch of one of the powders and sprinkles it gently intot he water, causing it to become a slightly darker bluw for a moment and then to revert to its natural color. However, it can be seen that the sappires set in the bowl ae glowing with a faint blue light, which seems to intensify slightly as Encard continues his incantation. He then takes the arrows (there are 6 of them) and carves several runes into each of them with his knife, after which he takes some powder from another of the vials and puts it on the runes. The powder seems to be attracted to the runes, and moves of its own to fill them. Encard then uses his knife to makes a small indentation in the back of the arrows, and sprinkles that lightly with powder from a third vial, all while continuing his spoken incantation. The water in the bowl is glowing a bright, deep blue-green by now, and Encard now takes the sappire and gently places it into the bowl. The image seems to twist for a moment, and then the sappire dissolves in a few seconds, causing the ater to glow even brighter and making it hard to look at. Encard now takes the small blue stones, which are apparently smaller sapphires, and holds them in his hand, letting the light seems through and into them. They begin to glow like the water, and when their brightness is about half that of the water's, Encard moves his hand away and picks up one of the arrows. He places one of the six small sapphires in the indentation at the back of the arrow, and proceeds to carefull do this with the rest of them. The stones meld with the arrow, and when he tests to make sure they're firmly set in, they don't move at all. Satisfied, still speaking his incantation, he takes the first of the arrows and puts it back-first into the bowl. The watter seems to come alive and it flows up the shaft, filling the runes and imbuing the arrow with the spirit of water. After removing this arrow and repeating this with the remaining five arrows, Encard finally ends his incantation and sits back for a moment, after which he proceeds to put the materials back in his bag.

Encard: Well... there's six Arrows of Water... they should be usefull against any robots or stone or clay golems we might see.

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-19-2001, 01:48 PM   #190
Lord Shield

"Yes and no. Let me know who you're aiming at and I shall remove water-proofing/force fields at the time of your attack."

OOC: Lord Sword and Lord Shield do not try to destroy each other. This is Lord Muro's perception. However, they use certain rules within their conflicts. There are too many to list but I will mention them when they arise (or are about to arise)

Lord Shield also points out that Lord Flash would be very useful to fight Lord Muro if possible.

Meanwhile, back in Lord Muro's chamber:

"Lord Flash, Delphni - most welcome are you. I have not seen you in an age, and you bring back the most powerful enemy on this plane.

ARE YOU MAD!!!!!"

After a short while with LF momentarily stunned, LM laughs. "Only kidding. I need him here to win the domination of this little world. Such opportunities, such promise"

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site