Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2000, 12:56 AM   #1
jack
Welcomed New User

I am in the crypts of the cemetary in Chapter 2. I am getting attacked by skeletons and vampires. My characters are getting hit with energy drain (a little icon similiar to a small red wine glass appears on the character portrait) and I don't have any apparent spells to cast to get rid of it. It doesn't appear to go away with rest. The only thing I can do is to start over at a saved game. How do you get rid of energy drain?
Old 10-25-2000, 01:06 PM   #2
Larr2

That is taken off of you with the "Greater Restoration spell", by a temple priest.
I heard that if you cast the spell "negative energy protection" on whoever will be fighting the vamps., that will save you from that spell. I have yet to try it.

Old 10-25-2000, 07:22 PM   #3
IRAKZAI

There is a 4th level priest spell called "lesser Restoration" you don't need the "greater restoration" 7th level priest spell to restore your energy levels as the lesser will do the trick quite well, however this spell will fatigue the caster and he/she will need to rest after casting this spell. The other option is to go to your local place of worship and pay them about 900gp to do it for you or you can purchase a scroll prior to your vampire slaying adventure.

Prevention is better than a cure, there are several spells that you can cast prior to engaging the those nasty blood sucking vampire's in combat which will help to stop them from sucking your will to live, as mentioned above there is a 4th level priest spell (its on the same page as the "Lesser Restoration")called "negative plane protection" this spell only lasts for a short time so you have to be prepared to cast it a couple of times during combat.

There are also lots of other spells that work well against evil/undead creatures I sugest that you study some of your spells in the owners manual it is full of ineresting spells and remember that the most unseemly spell can somtimes be the most effective.

The ultimate "protection from undead" is the scroll of the same name which can be purchased at your local temple or scroll merchant you can actualy use this spell to trap the vampires in a corner and then use them for target practice.

Beware that when you slay your friendly vampire it will turn into gaseous form and go to its coffin to restore its hp and you will have to find said coffin and ram a wooden stake through its black heart.

One time at band camp I used to play AD&D and we used to use a certain magic item to catch the gaseos form of a vampire and then plane travel to one of the positive planes and then release it there.

I wish you all good luck with your vampire slaying, Irakzai the Dark.

Old 10-25-2000, 08:47 PM   #4
Cowboy

I ended up at crypts due to the leader of thiev's guild. He gave me an amulet. It is for mages, but the monk can use it. I gave it to my monk or fighter/mage to go fight the vamps. Everyone else flee or long range attacks.