Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-06-2001, 08:38 PM   #21
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Mourn Yauntyyr:
So any of you old skoolers gonna play Neverwinter Nights? (If you don't know what that is, check out www.neverwinternights.com)

Most definitely. Hopefully, it will come out sooner than Dungeon Siege. I just hope that Neverwinter Nights can live up to all the hype. I would hate to have been anticipating the release for so long, only to have it suck.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:29 AM   #22
Anarion

Does anyone play warhammer?
Old 12-07-2001, 02:57 PM   #23
Mourn Yauntyyr
The Magister

I play Warhammer Epic. Got about 10000 points in each army except Tyrannids. (Not exaggerating) Looking to get out of it though, I've just played it so much its lost its fun.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:37 PM   #24
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Well at least I'm not the oldest one to reply to this. I started playing D&D back in high school some years ago. When I went into the army I kind of forgot about it for a long time. Then a couple of years ago my sister and her boyfreind got me into AD&D 2ed. I'm glad they did, I forgot how much fun it was to play. This spring boarded me into the BG series which is awsome. And yes my wife likes it to.
Dresdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:08 PM   #25
hagimihale
Manshoon

I'm 32 now LOL I started playing AD&D in 8th grade (1982) and played throughout most of high school and for a few years in college (the first time LOL)

Lost track of most of my gamer friends after that, moved to FL and never found anyone here with the same interests. My younger brother noticed my interest in RPG and bought me Lords of Magic a few years ago - got hooked on it and found my interest renewed.

I never played BG1. Bought BG2 about 6 months ago and am considering getting BG1 to try starting a character from scratch.

My first character in AD&D was a Paladin - the GM thought the party could use some morality. I identify more with good aligned characters so it was a good match. The same group played in 2 concurrent games, with one of the players being DM in the other group so the DM could play a character. I had a Fighter/Mage in that one. Neither character seemed to die (I have a feeling the DM wanted my Paladin to survive no matter what) so I used them for the length of both campaigns.

Most of my other characters in AD&D were mages of some sort. Just liked being able to cast spells - more interesting than hack -n- slash. First character in BG2 was a sorcerer (I read a LOT of material on what spells to use) - currently 25th level in ToB. Using an elven Archer now in SoA & he's a blast!

I'm really hooked on this game... looking forward to trying NWN and TDD.
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:28 PM   #26
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

God your DM was quite the leniant person. our DM was the b*tch from hell. i mean were level one party and we had to defeat a werewolf, despite the fact that we needed a +1 or better weapon to kill. What we eventually did is cast entangle and we got lucky and then the barbarian picked it up and threw it off a nearby cliff.
For this act we got a wish each. got to love our DM's meanings grr.
Ranger asked for a pair of boots which were his size. We got a 6'7 size pair of boots.
I (being a mage) asked for the best familiar in all existence only for a SOLAR to appear and then break free of my pitiful control and curse me with baldness. grr.
As i said we needed to be at our very best to survive with this DM. you think yours are bad. you dont know anything.
Me: What!! you cant kill me!<br />GM: I can do anythink i want.<br />Me: What did i do!!<br />GM: Your not being a party player<br />Me: Im Neutral Evil for Gods Sake!<br />GM: So your calling upon the gods of ravenloft to save you then.<br />Me: what....<br />[GM rolls the D20]<br />GM: Well thats a 15, added on 5 for all those graves youve robbed in the past adventure, thats a 20. Powers check please.<br />Me: Oh Cr*p.<br />[Me rolls D20]<br />Me: I got a 5<br />GM: Your still alive.<br />Me: Woohoo!!<br />GM: But your now half goat.<br />Me: Oh... WOOHOO!!
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote