Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2001, 03:05 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There has been so many new people here at the forum, I just wanted to extend a formal, warm welcome to all of you! On behalf of the Wizards & Warriors forum, I think I can say for all of us that we hope you enjoy playing W&W, and that you have a great time here at the forum and get some great information here! We also have a load of fun around here, too, so post away! Even if it doesn't seem important, it probably is somewhere!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 03:11 AM   #2
CyberPixie

Saz...are you trying to steal Cloudy's official "welcome wagon" job away from her? You'd better watch out...she'll get ya!

I'm rather new myself, but welcome to all the newcomers out there! Beware, however...this place is incredibly friendly and helpful...and thus, addictive! You'll spend hours and hours here and not even realize it! But...really...if you're going to be addicted to a forum, there's no better place than the Ironworks!
Old 05-09-2001, 09:15 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This is a good place - no doubt about it!!!

If I have missed any of the new posters to the W&W board - WELCOME to the board!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 11:52 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

CyberPixie: the welcome was for the Wizards and Warriors members, not the General Discussions forum.

Cloudy hasn't been back here in such a long time, that I figured she's been busy...I've about given up on that. I just posted a message over in GD for her, though. I think she's been really busy lately.

Sorry if I got in anyone's way.

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-09-2001).]
Old 05-09-2001, 12:45 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Saz - you didn't get in anyone's way!! CyberPixie was joking, we know. There have been so many new posters to the W&W of late that it IS difficult to know if each one of them has been weclomed to the board - not many boards would even bother to do so!

Anyone is free to post a welcome to new posters - it is such a thoughtful thing to do!! (Any who disagree can meet me in the alley - just keep in mind that I'm flameproof - lol!!)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 01:39 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, just to be on the safe side, I did post a VERY large notice in GD telling Cloudy to come in here and welcome! We (W&W) tend to be treated like the "red headed step children" at Ironworks, LOL!

-Sazerac
Old 05-09-2001, 03:14 PM   #7
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Now Saz, I everyone was just kidding about Cloudy getting made if other's do the offical welcome thing. She is doing so other will too. That is the entire point! To enclude new people into the forums, etc. Originally, when we first did the big change into this current board system, a lot of people on the BGII forum did a lot of 'off-topic' posting, polls, etc. Then Z'man wanted to know if we thought a GD forum would be a good idea. One of the detractors was some thought it would be very clickish and new blood wouldn't come into that part of the forum. So Cloudy took it upon herself to welcome each new person she saw, and the welcome wagon thing just kinda took off. And she hasn't forgotten about her friends over here, or the game itself. She's just got a lot of other things going right now. (me too, like buying a computer!)

So, welcome to all the newbies, and I'm sure CB will be over to give you all the big welcome and invite over to GD to hang out while your questions are being answered over here.

Later!

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 07:39 PM   #8
Moni

Welcome all newcomers to the BEST W&W Forum anywhere!

Moni
Old 05-10-2001, 12:06 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BEEP BEEP! WELCOME WAGON COMING THROUGH!!!
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!! To all the new members of our Wonderful Ironworks and a special WARM welcome to you here at Wizards and Warriors!

Sazerac- SMOOOOOOOCH! How could ANY girl get miffed with you?! So helpful and pleasant a person as you...well, I'm more that glad to have lured you to the GD forum! *giggle*

And to all of you who are indeed new here. Please post and say a few words about yourselves here and in the General Discussions forum! Don't be shy and jump in feet first! The water's FINE and I can say that I've seen nary a shark.

As for feeling like the "red headed step children" at Ironworks, PIFFLE! You are a very special part of the forums! (did I ever mention that I was born with flame red hair? Changed over the years but yup, red,very red- the color is in my family! So howdy, family!hehehe) Hey, I even READ stuff here! TEEHEE
Seriously, BK is right. My goal is to see us all interact like a community. We don't all have to work in the same building, but we can have coffee/tea and a chat in the same places! So everyone, say hello in the General Discussions Forum. Meet all the other wonderful gamers here and exchange ideas, feelings and support.

I am Cloudbringer, aka many many other nicknames...look up a post called Cloudy Exposed in GD..there is quite a list there! I play BG2 and have beaten IWD once. Bought W & W and started, but it's on hiatus now. Planescape Torment is also in the wings. I need TIME, anyone got some they can give me?

Now go out and just plain have FUN!!!!! YIPPPEEE!

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forum

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-01-2001).]
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 01:26 AM   #10
Sazerac