Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

In my above thread about power-parties, I made my protogonist a Berserker/Cleric dual class.

I'm wondering, do you think I'd be better off (ie, have a more powerful character) if the protagonist were a dwarven fighter/cleric multiclass? He'd eventually have access to both Fighter and Cleric HLA's, which would be really cool.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:41 AM   #2
whathuh
The Magister

I actually dislike the warrior HLAs-- Critical strike is nullified by a helmet, Whirlwind is nullified by dual wielding and imp haste not to mention imp haste lasts longer than 1 round, deathblow i hardly ever use (though is is awesome against umberhulks and various illithid etc...), Magic resistance hah, Warcry hah.

If it were me, go for the quest spells faster and more often.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

... Why not make your protagonist a Ranger/Cleric? Or a Cleric/Mage? A Fighter/Cleric is fine, with the Harm and Critical Strike combo and all. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #4
Shadow015
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
... Why not make your protagonist a Ranger/Cleric? Or a Cleric/Mage? A Fighter/Cleric is fine, with the Harm and Critical Strike combo and all. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oooh, nasty. [img]smile.gif[/img] How 'bout GWW after all the priest buffs?
Old 08-13-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
In my above thread about power-parties, I made my protogonist a Berserker/Cleric dual class.

I'm wondering, do you think I'd be better off (ie, have a more powerful character) if the protagonist were a dwarven fighter/cleric multiclass? He'd eventually have access to both Fighter and Cleric HLA's, which would be really cool.
A dwarven character will naturally be "tougher" than a human PC due to the Con bonus and bonuses to Saves vs Magic and Poison. And don't knock the advantages of the Fighter HLA's. Hardiness will reduce physical damage, Resist Magic will reduce the effects of magical damage (in addition to the dwarves increased Saving Throws) and Critical Strike or Smite can help take an opponent out of the fight in a hurry.

Plus your overall hit points will be higher since you still gain hp's under fighter class too.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #6
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

And at least a multiclassed Fighter/Cleric doesn't get hit in the spellcasting department as much as a Fighter/Mage. His most powerful spells are only lvl 7! Which means only 2,7 million XP before you can cast them. Opposed to the Fighter/mage having those lvl 9 spells only available at 6 million XP. And then only 2 or 3 per day...
Old 08-15-2004, 01:45 PM   #7
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
I think you're right.

If I'm going to play a Fighter/Cleric, I may as well go for Ranger/Cleric instead and have access to all Druid and Cleric spells.