Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 04:22 AM   #1
chutamango
Elite Waterdeep Guard

anyways there are some SPOILERS

....I am trying to keep yoshi all the way through the game. I went to spellhold...and left him in copper coronet. Now...i was in the spellhold maze thingy...and i find this warp cheat. So i figure..hey..let me try it and warp back to the copper coronet. Well..seems like he's not there. NOw...has anyone tried keeping him AFTER installing the patch? If not...im going to mighty peod that I spent all that time getting him stronger only to find out that I cant use him.....

chuta
Old 06-21-2001, 01:20 AM   #2
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Usually what happens is when you exit the underdark, and you do go back to the copper cornet, Yoshi is there, but since he is really suppose to be dead at this point, once you enter the room, he dies.
If you have him in the Aslyum area, you can do his quest with his heart after he dies. And you get a ton of EXP for the quest. But there is also a way to keep him I hear after the Underdark by doing something at the copper cornet.

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
I haven't done this, but others said they have. When you go back to the copper cornet, have your front character with boots of speed on. Run at Yoshi and talk to him before he dies and get him to join your party. He still dies, but since he's in your party you can just take him and get him rezzed.
I hear it works.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:38 AM   #3
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Yes it definitely works with a patched game

He dies because Irenicus has put a gaes on him. I didnt try to warp anywhere from the Underdark, that may be flawed i dunno, but if you left him in the C.C before going to Brynlaw then he'll still be in the C.C after the Underdark. Obviously if you left him elsewhere then he wont be in the CC. if you leave Yoshi in the C.C then he will be near the door (south exit) upon your return. Sunder is correct on the rest.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:14 PM   #4
Raze
The Magister

Yoshi is a good thief (possibly the best in the game) but how could you have him in your group knowing what a tretcherous scumbag he is!

He deserves to die. (Jan is more than adequate for your thieving needs(and funnier), even Imoen is adequate to complete the game as your thief)