Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-07-2004, 09:02 AM   #11
uss
20th Level Warrior

Agreeing with Slythe - The "bully" had it coming. Whether it's repulsive or not, in most cases such as this, violence actually *is* one of the solutions.

Most of the times, "bullying" in schools lasts day by day in school. Basically, a "weak willed person" is reminded of his weakness every day and that can just depress the s**t out of him/her.

If the "victim" beats the crap out of his "bully," it mostly creates fear and respect for him. The bully would stop the harassment, the victim would get a better self-esteem, they'd both learn a lesson and move on.

Shortly put, a broken bone or two would cause less pain than a full year of bullying. In my humble opinion, of course.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:05 AM   #12
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well Bungi boy, I'm not originally Canadian, I'm German, so it's Soccer for me. And quite Frankly, anybody who sees a person get pushed in the face and finds humour in it probably needs some professional help. Just here in the local news we hear about teen suicide too often. I've sure it's the same in many areas.

Oh, and my brother just got pushed in the face by a guy 3 weeks ago. Pushed the 2 front teeth through his lip and knocked them out. He didn't find it funny..
Old 12-08-2004, 07:14 AM   #13
Sigmar
Unicorn

Violence IS the answer.

Strangely enough I hate violence, conflict, fighting, etc. But, it seems to be the only stimulus that humans really respond to.

I wish this wasn't the case, unfortunately as I've mentioned before, I believe the human race is one of the universe's greatest mistakes. Stupid, glorified hairless apes who live to throw rocks and stuff at each other, the only way you get them to stop, throw rocks back at them.

Boy, we've come a LONG way.

[ 12-08-2004, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 12-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #14
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Violence IS the answer.

Strangely enough I hate violence, conflict, fighting, etc. But, it seems to be the only stimulus that humans really respond to.

I wish this wasn't the case, unfortunately as I've mentioned before, I believe the human race is one of the universe's greatest mistakes. Stupid, glorified hairless apes who live to throw rocks and stuff at each other, the only way you get them to stop, throw rocks back at them.

Actually, quantum physics, chaos theory, and/or complexity theory say we are far from big mistakes, the universe needs us to be able to exist, and created us so that it could exist...
Old 12-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #15
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Violence IS the answer.

Theories, mistakes, blah blah blah..
The simple truth is that we are still very primal. We're pretty low on the evolutionary scale. I think we benefit from the luxuries we have because of a very small number of people who are a bit higher on the scale than the rest of us!

Edit: looks pretty in pink!

[ 12-08-2004, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 12-08-2004, 09:03 AM   #16
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
quote:
Violence IS the answer.

Actually, quantum physics, chaos theory, and/or complexity theory say we are far from big mistakes, the universe needs us to be able to exist, and created us so that it could exist... [/QUOTE]Meh, humans devised those theories so they must be stupid and wrong. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Humanity likes to think its more important than it actually is.

How did Megatron put it...

"What the Hell does your kind know about evolution? You pathetic bags of flesh...wandering around this rock...thinking you're in control...waiting for the next Ice Age to wipe you out. It's going to be a pleasure speeding up the process."

In fact here's Megatron's view on Humanity:

"...Look at how they act when pushed to the edge...when death hovers over them. Watch how they kick and claw at each other, worried about only themselves. they're not like us Prime...they've no fight in them. You despise me for my cruelty...my brutality...my lack of compassion. I assure you Prime, these humans are far worse.The goodness you see in them...the virtues you praise...they don't exist! You fight for what you want them to be, never seeing them for what they really are. Join me, forget the humans, they're worthless."

Much more effective with the complimentary images of people ignoring people's cries for help, news stations interest with catching the news, and people lootin stores in the middle of the chaos going on.

Prime's views:

"Over and over you preach that the humans are not like us, well Megatron. You're right. They're not. They've no programming to guide them...no Prime directive to follow...their actions are theirs and theirs alone. You think that makes them weak. That they stand for nothing. I think that makes them strong. They've a battle that you or I can never truly know...a battle to choose. You think I'm blind to the evil choices they've made? I'm not a fool. I see them, but unlike you that's not all I see. I see the few that sacrifice...sacrifice of themselves...to carve out a Prime Directive of their own. No matter the cost. It's for the sacrifices of those few that I fight..."

Again, much more effective alongside images of firefighters rescuing people out of collapsing buildings, people helping one another and people sacrificing themelves to save others lives.

Prime's point would have been more effective if a human General didn't decide two pages later to Nuke New York city and all it's inhabitants in order to ensure the destruction of ALL the transformers on Earth.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:43 AM   #17
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

I'm with Sigmar on this one. I had two "incidents" in grade school. The one, I tried to do the good kid thing and tell a teacher/reason with the bully. Flipping useless. Different case, I started swinging. That stopped the BS real quick.
I'd just like to point out I'm generally a pacifist but like my old man used to say, "don't just take S*** from people. Stand up for yourself." Sound advice, and that's how I live now.
Now, I don't go around starting anything like that, but I sure as hell *will* finish it if anyone tries to pull that kind of crap on me or mine. I take a pretty dim view of bullies and such, and ya maybe it's considered vigilante justice or ugly violence in some places, but I tell you if that's all you got, you got to use it (wisely).
Old 12-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #18
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Bully's are mostly people who feel weak themselves and try and prove they are strong by holding power over others.

Best way to deal with them is make them feel small and usless, now punching em in the face will probably do that, but there are other, much more effective and sublte way's.

I won't explain how though, not the place..

Funny as hell, wonder if it turned into a fight or just stayed a one hit wonder.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:38 AM   #19
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I see nothing wrong with that kid getting clocked. This would be classified as the good old days. Lets face kids have a hard time out there with all these bullies. And sometimes kids need to take action. As long as it stays to fists and the guns can stay out of it. That is my fear kids never have old fashion fights anymore.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:39 AM   #20
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Variol, I forgot to mention above that I haven't watched the video, so I didn't see the activities that took place in it. I certainly don't condone or support violence of the type described in the video, or of what your brother experienced. It is just plain wrong, and I have no issues with that position. My apologies for any misunderstandings and miscommunications along the way.

And apparently I was missing the humour smiley on my "Canadians and hockey" remark. It was there, honest!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.