Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2001, 08:38 AM   #31
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

I never did understand what the girdle of masculity/feminity was for.

But the funniest line when I heard it was in BG1, you know when those people went.

"So I kicked him in the head till he was dead...Hahahaha"

I have to say edwin is the funniest, I mean just whenever you are playing in the game. I nearly died of laughter with how he cussed the people in saguhain city.
Old 07-22-2001, 09:13 AM   #32
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Zayron:
Well, ToB hasn´t been released yet at stupid OnOff so I think I´ll get the time going by having a little poll:
1. Who was your favourite NPC in BG2? (I guess many will say Minsc)
I say: Korgahn
2. What was your favourite phrase from a NPC in BG2? e.g "Go for the eyes", "for the good", "y-yes?"?
I say: And later I split yer gut open... Heh. -Korgahn
3. Which NPC did you miss to have in your party the most from BG1?
I say: This is a tough one, but I have to say Xzar. I really liked him.
4. Which NPC did you like the least (as a character, not by stats) in BG2?
I say: Difficult as well, but I go with Anomen. He´s a whiner.
1. Effectiveness in combat would be Keldorn. Interactions would be Jaheira (I know, but she happens to be one of the most complex characters in the game, especially when pursuing her romance)

2. In the first dungeon, when you rescue Minsc and ask him how he hid Boo, he states that it is not for you to know. Imoen then says something along the lines of "Ew, I don't even want to think about that." Richard Gere happened to be on my TV at the time (i.e. the rumors about his "gerbil usage"); the irony was not lost on me. Now every time Minsc says to "leave no crevice untouched," it gives me a grin.

3. Kivan would have been very useful in this game. Proficient with halberd (assume they might have changed his proficiencies to spear in this game) and long bow. There are some decent spears and halberds in the game, and I almost never use them (I always end up with other proficiencies, for some reason). If they would have put him in this game, and made his kit Archer (which is effectively what he was), he would have been a force to be reckoned with! Mazzy who?

4. Character-wise? Definitely Anomen, though Imoen in the first dungeon gets under my skin as well ("He cut and showed me (over and over)." My wanted response: "Couldn't he have cut your vocal chords while he was at it?"). Jaheira may question your authority at times, but Anomen openly challenges it at one point, and is extremely condescending (at least Edwin does it in a humorous way).

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-22-2001, 09:28 AM   #33
homsuplee
Dungeon Master

"I can put up with incompetence, insults and all manners of foolery, but I have to draw the line at transforming into dead gods of murder !" --Edwin

I just found that last night, it was hilarious !

also ....

"This red-blooded Thayvian male has left many a concubine gasping under my erotic onslaught"

Can someone send the link for infinity explorer so I can see all of Edwin's poignant thrusts ?

------------------
Life is wasted on the living.
Old 07-22-2001, 10:59 AM   #34
coyote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1-Edwin or Viconia (dirty comments in romance)
2-Edwin and the whore he pleasured..."Eddy.."
3-dynaheir
4-Valygar
Old 07-22-2001, 11:16 AM   #35
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

1. Who was your favourite NPC in BG2?

Overall? Aerie. Combat wise, Keldorn. Magic wise, still Aerie.

2. What was your favourite phrase from a NPC in BG2?

Almost everything from the Lilicor(sp?) sword.

Paraphrased, "Hmmmm... ... advice eh? Kill somebody rich! Then kill somebody richer! *evil laughter*"

Dunno, haven't played BG1.

JAHEIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old 07-22-2001, 11:21 AM   #36
Elhardo
The Magister

1. Fav NPC is prolly Keldorn, Minsc and Yoshimo.....I was so annoyed (spoiler!)
You cant get him back in TOB...
2.I liked ...yoshis "I can dance on the head of a pin as well" or.. Minsc's "No EFFECT, I need bigger sword!"
3.Coran or Ajantis...Shame bout what happends to Ajantis in Winspear Hills...
4.I havent tried all of them...I didnt like Haer, ponsy git, nor Imoen...I must say I liked Anomen, hes a kewl dude...
Anyway I got good old TOB, and so far Anomen has said more than anyone else, so I like him...
Old 07-22-2001, 10:15 PM   #37
Kitty
Manshoon

1. Minsc, of course!
2."My brother was a +12 Hackmaster!"
3. Ajantis and Dynaheir.
4. Hard to say, but I'd vote for Cernd. He is very dull. Anomen is arrogant and EXTREMELY annoying, but he has personality.
Old 07-22-2001, 11:32 PM   #38
Starkiller
The Magister

1)Edwin had the coolest personality, but I think Minsk was the best all around.

2)Many, pretty much all Irenicus's lines, "My last owner said I was "sharp", and "edgy", haha.....he was such an ass!" (Lillacor), and "*sigh* Ver well...Hiiyaa" (Yoshimo). His total lack of enthusiasm cracks me up. I like the lines with good intonation.

3)Xzar...I miss the multiple personality disorder.

4)Edwin!! Sure, he was a cool guy and all, but that Jackass wa a better mage than me!! I mean, THE NERVE!
Old 07-22-2001, 11:48 PM   #39
Starkiller
The Magister

1)Edwin had the coolest personality, but I think Minsk was the best all around.

2)Many, pretty much all Irenicus's lines, "My last owner said I was "sharp", and "edgy", haha.....he was such an ass!" (Lillacor), and "*sigh* Ver well...Hiiyaa" (Yoshimo). His total lack of enthusiasm cracks me up. I like the lines with good intonation.

3)Xzar...I miss the multiple personality disorder.

4)Edwin!! Cool character, but that Jackass wa a better mage than me!! I mean, THE NERVE!!

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 07-23-2001, 12:58 AM   #40
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

1. Who was your favourite NPC in BG2?

Korgan. He is surprisingly interesting, considering he is just a Dwarven mercenary who is only concerned with money...

2. What was your favourite phrase from a NPC in BG2?

Edwina's battle cry: "I feel your stares! Die! Die!"

I missed Xan. "Our quest is vain" and "We're all doomed."

Keldorn; totally generic aged Paladin. He deserved to have his wife cheat on him...

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."