Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-06-2002, 09:16 PM   #1
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

SHE GOT HER LETTER FROM THE MORRA AND SHE LEFT AND SAID SHE WOULD RETURN BUT SHE NEVER HAD. I'VE GONE ON MANY ADVENTURES ALWAYS RETURNING TO SEE IF I CAN FIND HER BUT I CAN'T.

ALSO I HAD BOTH AERIE AND JAHEIRA IN PARTY AND THEY BOTH WERE SQAUBBLING OVER ME WHICH AS FUNNY, I TOLD AERIE TO TO "STAND UP AND FACE HER PROBLEM" AND SHE GOT PISSED AND LEFT THE PARTY. ANYWAY I CAN FIND HER AGAIN? ANY WAY I CAN FIND EITHER OF THEM AGAIN?
Tyranny]SiN[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:46 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

1. Please don`t write in ALLCAPS, it becomes annoying to read

2. Jaheira should return when you next rest outdoors IIRC.

3. No, there`s no way to find Aerie again. When you`re doing both these romances at once, there does come that time when you have to choose one or the other; you insulted Aerie, so she left you- forever.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:50 PM   #3
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

sorry for the caps. no big loss Aerie wasn't all that and a bag of potato chips anyways.

rest outside eh? i rested in the druid grove well around there. i also rested outside D'arnise keep outside.

I even went back and got busted for resting outside in Waukeen. i guess she's not coming back or its a bug.

if i really want her back in the party I know how to cheat her way back in. which i may have too.

[ 10-06-2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Tyranny]SiN[ ]
Old 10-06-2002, 11:17 PM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

No, don`t cheat her back in. This is all associated with a quest, if you cheat her back in, it resets her AI; meaning you don`t get the quest.
How much time has it been since she left ?? Both real time with the game open, and game time that has passed.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:22 AM   #5
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

I'd Say - a good 10 days now (game time)- normal time about 5 hours.

if you can help me out again, everytime i cast a spell doesn't matter whom it is ..it says wild surge: hit points doubled no matter who casts a spell, special ability, or innate abilities. its been like this for the last 3 days in the game. I've tried to travel around and stuff... starting to piss me off actually.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:10 AM   #6
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyranny]SiN[:
I'd Say - a good 10 days now (game time)- normal time about 5 hours.

if you can help me out again, everytime i cast a spell doesn't matter whom it is ..it says wild surge: hit points doubled no matter who casts a spell, special ability, or innate abilities. its been like this for the last 3 days in the game. I've tried to travel around and stuff... starting to piss me off actually.
That technically is your fault! ( [img]smile.gif[/img] No offence!)

I'm guessing......
1) You have the cheats on
2) You messed around with different buttons on the keyboard and hit the wild surge key
3) It's stuck!

Well, since I don't know the reverse keys for it, simply restarting the game (Or computer to be on the safe side ) and load up your game. I had that problem, a simple shut down of BGII and a simple restart did it for me.

I had the "Wild Surge: MAD Colour Changes" one whenever anyone cast a spell. Don't you think the "Wild Surge: Ooops, a Gate Demon?" is a good one??? [img]smile.gif[/img]
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:35 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

It's Ctrl-h or k or some letter nearby.

Heh, I used to win battles in Underdark by setting "caster turnes in wolf" and waiting enemy mage to cast . Then turning back to normal and slaying him with Chromatic Orb .
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 07:32 PM   #8
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

so any reason why jaheira never returned ?

BTW - I am strictly against cheating.. and ur right i accidentally hit control+H and i saw it scroll at the bottom considering i usually ctrl+click on my characters to send them to fight whatever. but i spent 7 hours playin yesterday and everyone is entitled to making a mistake. I did notice it and thought it was strange and decided to see what it did so i held it down till it hit like 97 and that was the result. LoL! i did figure out that if i shut down the game and resarted it a few minutes later everything was alright. Phew!
Old 10-11-2002, 03:59 AM   #9
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

Quote:
No, don`t cheat her back in. This is all associated with a quest, if you cheat her back in, it resets her AI; meaning you don`t get the quest.
(Spoilerish)
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Well, i came out the underdark and Bitch slapped bohdi back to the abyss took her heart and got jaheira's body from ... and took it to the temple of Ammuator or whatever his name is and you know put them together on the statue. it was weird cuz she brought up, the old romance again as well as when i slept with Phayre or however you spell that drows name. She wasn't even there in the underdark - it was like she never left and i still got to finish the Harper quest!!

Another weird thing happened I had opened the Door to Spell hold and decided i wanted the big EXP instead so i crossed the bridge and 3 of the 6 dudes i had got turned to stone... stoopid bridge, it was like Demi-Lich all over again Cept this time i actually had a chance. I cast the protection from Petrification and attempted to revive my other team mates and trying to use myself as a shield right? well something happened and Nalia Disappeared with my staff of magi, i tried casting freedom but nothing. So Now whenever I start the game it says in Blue lettering "Nalia Protected from Evil". Any reason why it says that when she is somewhere else not in my party anymore?
Old 10-11-2002, 04:15 AM   #10
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The Protection from Evil thing happens to everyone who the game knows about.
Nalia *was* freed, but she had the Staff of the Magi... it grants improved invisibility to whoever uses it... so, you have Nalia invisible and out of your party (when someone is freed from Imprisonment they`re "blue"), and the game recognises her script as active, so it will give the Protection from Evil thing.