Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2003, 01:18 AM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
So... tired... need... sleep... or caffiene, which ever comes first. *goes to sleep on one of the tables* *uses the pinks napkins as pillows* Ahhh.. much better... *snores*

anyway, how is everyone on the fine forum of IW? [img]smile.gif[/img]
*Sneaks Someguy a scotch* Hey, it always wakes me up. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] Besides, I was drinking regularly at your age -- with a doctor neighbor, in fact. Well, he lost his practice because of drug abuse, but that's another story (he salvaged his practice by going to an ER -- the tale isn't all bad).

[ 11-12-2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 11-12-2003, 01:26 AM   #12
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

i wanna be filled full of cold meds!!!!!!! unfortunately most are not approved for a pregnant woman and those that are dehydrate me i would also like my husband to be sympathetic. instead of sympathy i get a guilt trip laid on me i'd go into detail but no one wants to hear it.

wellmy throat is sore my sinuses are stuffed, and it's hot in the bedroom. i can't sleep i tried. it may not be so hot in there except i have the vaporizor running and so the door has to be shut. oh and nahtan turned the heat up. i know he did it for erilyn, but now i am sweating and i am only running a low grade fever, i feel like i should be running something at least in the 100's

anyway....i'm sorry cloudy that your hunny is sick. i'm sorry that i am jealous of him haveing someone to care for him while he is unwell. have a good night all!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:28 AM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Poor Nachtrafe. I'm sure that you'll doctor him into full health in no time. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] The corporate big-wigs bypassed us; after all the work we did last week making everything picture-perfect was in once sense pointless. On the other hand, everything in the store looks picture-perfect. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] Oh, well...they were targeting problematic stores anyway, so it's just as well they didn't descend upon us.
Besides, my DM told me that she "would have something for me" in 2 weeks; this was last week. I smell a promotion! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
i would also like my husband to be sympathetic. instead of sympathy i get a guilt trip laid on me i'd go into detail but no one wants to hear it.
You know better than that, RevRuby. There are plenty of folks more than willing to listen to you; all you need do is tell us, if you wish to, that is. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Belle always covers up when she has a fever to sweat it out. [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] She also puts Vicks metholatum rub on her feet; something she learned from her grandmother, apparently. Strangely enough, it works. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 11-12-2003, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:39 AM   #14
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Of course not, Azred. Just a $50 dollar bonus for your next paycheck. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hope you get well soon RevRuby; I know what it's like to be miserably sick. Had the flu a couple of years back, and when I finally agreed to see a doctor he said if I didn't start chuggin fluids I'd have been on dialysis(sp?) by the end of the week. Needless to say, I drank Gatorade till I was about to burst. In the end I was fine. I was also happy to find that I didn't get sick for two years straight after that. Then one of the many strains of common cold hit me. Oh well, it happens to everyone.

This is so irritating. I'm gonna be 20 in december and I still have people asking me what grade I'm in, and when I'm gonna graduate

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-12-2003, 01:44 AM   #15
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Of course not, Azred. Just a $50 dollar bonus for your next paycheck. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] I don't doubt! At least I could take Belle out for dinner. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] She still likes to be wined and dined every now and then. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
This is so irritating. I'm gonna be 20 in december and I still have people asking me what grade I'm in, and when I'm gonna graduate
[img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Do they let youngs whippersnappers your age drive cars? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2003, 01:49 AM   #16
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Course they do . I just haven't yet. I could have started driving at 16 if I wanted to.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-12-2003, 02:00 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hey, Firestormalpha, try being nearly 30 and still gettng carded for cigs and told by (one of) your bosses that the hairstyle you wore on X day made you look better/older than the gelled spike on Y day, and that you should stick with it.

Azred, good onya, man. As I said elsewhere, at least the store is ready when and if they do come. Personally, I've been scraping by lately to *keep* my job (billable hours were low), and my dreams were to be made a full-on associate by now (with a BIG pay increase). Anyway, I expect to have another job lined up by Feb., so if they don't offer it then (the 1 yr anniversary review we informally agreed to), I guess I'll move on. Why is this sad? Because in my profession, every "jump" in employment MUST be explained in interviews.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:25 AM   #18
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well... I'm giving my sympaties to RevRuby and Nachtrafe. I've got a cold too. Why is it us men can't handle colds? The government can forget biological weapons research, just drop a bomb full of the cold virus in the middle of an ennemy camp/battlefield/town, and you'll disable half the population...

From the pain I get, I think my brain is melting and oozing from my nose...

I'm not sure if I will survive the night.

[ 11-12-2003, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 11-12-2003, 02:38 AM   #19
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Timber, you know you're in a brutal and unforgiving industry; because you're not an associate you must work twice as hard just to get half the recognition. Heaven forbid you make a "mistake"...you'll never hear the end of it.
"Must be explained?" [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] As if interviews weren't tough enough. "Why do you want to leave your current position?" [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] "Because I need more money." Do you tell the truth or what?

Luvian, Belle rolls her eyes when I use foul language in a vain attempt to cure whatever ailment is currently plaguing me at the time. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] Strangely enough, it never seems to work...why is that? [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2003, 04:13 AM   #20
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Hey Timber: next time someone makes such a comment, tell them their pants look really nice; anything to keep the attention away from the head!!

Oh no, that works even more counterproductive then the Gym......