Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
One lucky gambler won Europe's biggest-ever jackpot on Wednesday, pocketing nearly 66 million euros (US$75 million) and ending an almost six-month Italian lottery drought.
Italy's lottery officials did not name the person who had correctly picked the six numbers in Wednesday's Super Enalotto but said the winning ticket had been bought in a bar in the northern Italian town of Veduggio con Colzano, near Milan.

The day before the six-number draw, ticket sales in Italy had been up 25 percent from a week ago as lottery fever reached fever pitch after 44 draws without a winner.

The mania reached overseas too with foreigners roping in Italy-based friends to buy tickets on their behalf or even crossing the border in buses to hazard a shot at the riches.

Italians love playing numbers in local lotteries all over the country, including many illegal numbers rackets in the south.

The Super Enalotto ticket requires a minimum investment of one euro, with the chances of winning about one in 622 million.

It has become such an obsession that critics, who fear addicts are running into debt, have called for changes like having an upper limit on the top jackpot.

But on Wednesday night, the hunt was on for Italy's new millionaire -- the first Super Enalotto victor since February -- to find out what he or she will do with the cash.

"I wouldn't tell anybody because you would risk someone kidnapping a member of your family -- it's a problem," one Italian Marco D'Anna said. (US$1=.8862 Euro)

Source: Reuters
Old 08-13-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

pfffft [img]tongue.gif[/img]

that sort of money will not make them happy. But maybe, just maybe, it may buy something so close that no one could tell the differance.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:13 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Very nice, but the US wins on this one. 314.9 million dollars! Not that I would mind the Italians winnings either. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2003, 01:33 AM   #4
Grendal
Manshoon

jeeze Id be happy to win ten bucks!
Old 08-14-2003, 10:06 AM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendal:
jeeze Id be happy to win ten bucks!
My GF won a painting from an art gallery but we are not sure what it is worth. I would say somewere between $200 and $1000 but will not be able to tell unless it is apprased. Right now it is sitting on my living room wall. I was happy. Most I ever won was a donut or a cup of coffee.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:22 AM   #6
Rokenn
Galvatron

Some smuchk here in california won $91,000,000 over the weekend.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:18 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

*sniff* Now he can buy Enzo Ferrari...
Someday,...someday i will ahve it to...
Luck man he is.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote