Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 12:07 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Real:
G'kar I know the rules, you read them when you join remember, but I am looking for (Along with my other questions) how the Moderators deside that someone has broken one of them that are a liitle ambigous(?) Shall we say like:

There are quantitative guidelines that everyone has to follow, but moderators are expected to be fair and use their judgment in interpreting whether guidelines have been violated. The world is not black and white all the time - it can be shades of grey too.

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 12:08 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

250! Ack! BAAAAAAAAAAAD 250!

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-10-2001, 12:10 AM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
250! Ack! BAAAAAAAAAAAD 250!

CB

LOL, it sounds more like a difinition of 250... ???
Old 10-10-2001, 12:10 AM   #14
Sir Real
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
G'kar is right.
Let me expound on his wisdom.
The Moderators were selected via referrals from others and from Ziroc's keen eye (or actually Choc.'s), for being law abiding citizens.
They also had a lot to do in regards to helping people.
But not just helping...they knew their stuff pretty well!
Thus, they were called and set apart.

They follow the rules, and Ziroc has given them the right to make judgement calls. They probably all will tell you that those calls are sometimes painful to make, but must be done for the good of us all. I have never seen a moderator get out of line, and never expect to. Ziroc trusts them, so I shall as well. If there was any disputes on a judgment, I am sure that a ruling from Ziroc or a second vote from another Moderator would quickly end the debate. I have never seen a debate based on a questioned call. Thus, All the moderators must be one in mind and heart with Ziroc.
They could be Chocolate's kittens, and the rising generation of the owners of the world for all I know...hehe(it is late night...zzzz)

Ah, I seem to recall People suggest to Ziroc that Memmoch become a moderator back on old blue because of his expert help, kind nature and handling of events at times. Was it the same for the other moderators? And what of GD was/is it volunter work? While there calles have so far been correct (No offance) have they/you ever put of making a called to see what another moderator would do or do you mail each other on making a action against a act that may be ambigous?

------------------
Opinions are not clubs don't beat others with yours.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:10 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

WHOOOOOOHO! It's the GENIEMOD! Hiya Memsy.. 250 looks lonely, shouldn't you say howdy to him? *snicker*

Wait! 250! Come back!

Cloudy

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-10-2001, 12:12 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
WHOOOOOOHO! It's the GENIEMOD! Hiya Memsy.. 250 looks lonely, shouldn't you say howdy to him? *snicker*

Wait! 250! Come back!

Cloudy

**250 is nowhere to be found**

Old 10-10-2001, 12:13 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sir Real, you keep talking about the board and old board like you've been around a while, what nick did you have before this one?

CB, curious

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-10-2001, 12:14 AM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sir Real... if opinions are not clubs, why do I constantly find myself beating others with mine?
Old 10-10-2001, 12:18 AM   #19
Sir Real
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
There are quantitative guidelines that everyone has to follow, but moderators are expected to be fair and use their judgment in interpreting whether guidelines have been violated. The world is not black and white all the time - it can be shades of grey too.

But how do you deside between how grey something is before it is black? Like friendly flame, How do you tell at times for example.

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, they can lock threads, warn people who are breaking rules, log IP addresses and can recommend banning a member to Z. On the new board, I expect they will also be able to make sticky posts that stay at the top of a thread. Mods don't 'abuse their power'. At least not that I've seen here at IW and if it were to happen, Ziroc would be the one to deal with it, I'm sure.

Cloudy

Oh cloudy I not saying that that do abuse their power but was just wondering what would happen if they did, which you answered nicely, mind you its got to be tempting at times doesn't it?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sir Real (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 12:24 AM   #20
Sir Real
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
Sir Real... if opinions are not clubs, why do I constantly find myself beating others with mine?
LOL! Tell me 250 does it ever work? If so I gonna have to change my sig'.

------------------