Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2001, 04:29 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Okay....first time in spellhold and I get Imoen back...he´s a jolly fellow the old Irenicus!!!
Now I do have a thief in my party of homemade NPCs...is Imoen really that good...I mean my thief at lvl. 16 is quite better than Imoens meare 13. lvl and I do not REALLY need another sorcerer or mage...
For good advice I´ve included my party description:
Torek...Fighter lvl. 15...G.master with dual axes
Shi´Rok...Archer lvl. 14...G.master with longbow
V´een...Thief lvl. 16...all thief pro. are +100
Brok...Barbar lvl. 15...½orc with 19 str. and 19 con
V´Rokal...Cleric lvl. 16...Dwarf with 19 con and equipped with anti golemweapon
Vogin...sorcerer lvl. 15...Robe of Vecna still missing the staff of magi

Especially the tanks of my party are good...Torek, Brok and V´Rokal just grind Golems and other brutes into dust before any real danger arises.

Vogin and Shi´Rok are distance fighters...Vogin with different spells and Shi´Rok with his longbow +3...yum yum

Old 09-26-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Imoen sucks, she dosen't advance in thief levels and she has no chance of getting as much XP as your other characters unless you haven't completed any of the Chapter 2 and 3 side-quests, Windspear Hills, Umar Hills, Cult of the Eyeless and such, I recommend that you keep your V'een, the only good NPC thief in the game is Jan btw.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 09-26-2001, 05:55 PM   #3
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Imoen is a terrible thief but she can become a mage capable of using level 8 spells, She also can reach the exp cap before finishing the game unlike what Neb said.
I suggest you lose the Sorcerer as even thought they can cast six of each spell they know and take Imoen, she can know all the spells so they can be changed to fit any situation and if she runs out of magic you can give her the a ranged weapon like another Bow.

------------------

Hodge-podge Sliver Cleric of the ALSB
You don't need pants for the victory dance becuase I am better then Weasels!!
Old 09-26-2001, 06:16 PM   #4
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Imoen is a terrible thief but she can become a mage capable of using level 8 spells, She also can reach the exp cap before finishing the game unlike what Neb said.
I suggest you lose the Sorcerer as even thought they can cast six of each spell they know and take Imoen, she can know all the spells so they can be changed to fit any situation and if she runs out of magic you can give her the a ranged weapon like another Bow.

I have to disagree
Teach a Sorcerer the good spells and at any given time he'll have a spell availible
My suggestion would be to either drop one of your Tank/Fighter types
or not take Imoen and V'een seems to be a better thief

------------------

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-26-2001, 06:57 PM   #5
deathknight
Drow Warrior

I agree on keeping the sorcered. I have played both and I adore the sorcered. Having a sorcer as the only mage in the party is rough (which is why i like to have another mage dual or multi classed). The great thing about a sorcered is you don't need to prepare for each and every fight in advance (while I like the tactical aspect of the big fights it is sorta silly that your characters have esp and know what spells they will need
sorcs can always cast spells like resist fear and true sight etc yet at the same time they do not reduce their offensive firepower 1 bit. Just plan out your spells carefully is all
Old 09-27-2001, 06:45 AM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

thanx for the tips....I think I´ll kick Imoen WAYYYYY out in the dark and take V´een back...besides I don´t like Imoen anyway!!!
About the sorcerer I´ve found him pretty usefull especially in combo with my cleric...the cleric is primaly a defensive with some summoning spells whilst the sorcerer is an offensive weapon with:
magic misile
larlochs drain
cr. orb
arg. sorcerer
shocking grasp
blur
friends
resist fear
fireball
dire charm
haste
prot. from norm. mi
confusion
fireshield red
glitterdust
detect inv.
killer cloud...love this when there are umberhulks around....watc´em drop!!!
death spell...primaly for summoned creatures
spirit armor
spell shield

the onlu item he needs is the staff of magi...I know where to get it...but the party could use a little more exp. the twisted Rune are TOUGH competition