Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 07:17 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I vote for Nalia's Keep because you got a castle! And it's all yours!! Also helping your poor people, chests, 500 gp per week is cool.

I really wonder about Bard's, Thieves and Mage's Stronghold. I'm thinking about to restart just to see and play them. I heard about mage's stronhold is boring and useless. Do you agree? I was thinking about researching spells, making potions, sorcerer asistants, summoning creatures a stronghold like a Wizard Lab or Mage Tower. Is it really disapointing? Also thieves must be funny?

I heard about Bard's Stgonhold is very funny and exciting I want to try sometime.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:06 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
The thieves guild is not interesting. Just two teeny weeny quests and then you have to come back every five days or you lose it. Inconvient if you're in the middle of Windspear or something. I judge a stronghold's worth by the amount of containers to store stuff in, and how inconvient it is to get to. The most inconvient would be the paladin's, or the bard's. The best? Maybe the keep or ranger cabin.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:20 PM   #3
Baron Nocturna
Dungeon Master

Bards is the best but I am biased.

Hmm nothing else to say, sorry!

baron Nocturna

------------------
Anyone care to see my Rod of Lordly Might?
Old 09-06-2001, 09:00 PM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I have had the thief's guild and the keep. I would say the keep seems to be one that has less maintance. But the thief's get to go out on missions for you. But I had no luck with the thief one I would be off in some other land and come back and have to pay to get it back again.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:00 PM   #5
Skunk
Banned User

Definately the thieves guild!

I always got a LEAST 1150 GP every 5 days and, unlike the castle, I never had to pay out money. As for places to store stuff, I just used a 'hole in the wall' above the adventurers mart. To me, that was the most convenient place...

With the castle, you make no profit at all - because you always pay at least (sometimes more) than the 500gp income a week on petty problems...
Old 09-06-2001, 09:33 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I'm just looking for a funny,enjoying keep. Bard is the best huh?

------------------
"A silent blade does not cut always best..
But a burst of flame from the heart will warm the deepness of my friends and will burn our unholy enemies.."

-Archmagi Of Six
Old 09-06-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Like sci-fi esque look? Go to the planar sphere as a mage and you get it! (as soon as you are beaten it of course)

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-06-2001, 09:47 PM   #8
PoesRaven
Manshoon

The Paladins stronghold quest is fun, knight vs dragon, it gives more meaning to the sub-plot of killing firkrag
Old 09-07-2001, 12:01 AM   #9
Baron Nocturna
Dungeon Master

Warning, spoilers here blah blah blah:
The bard's is so fun because you get to run a playhouse AND star in a play. You make decisions affecting the playhouse and how much income it generates. You get to pick between different actors and such. Its great fun really. Plus the plays are of varying quality but interesting to watch happen. It really gives a welcome break to the hack and slash goin on in the rest of the game. I just found it to be the most entertaining and pertinent (to the character) rather than the somewhat forced feel of the mage/fighter/thief ones where people just up and give you stuff. Like some rich bimbo is just gonna hand over the family castle... The paladin one is also pretty cool as it is a valor test more than anything but I have had problems completing the quests due to what seemed like bugs in the quests. It may have just been me.

Baron nocturna

------------------
Anyone care to see my Rod of Lordly Might?
Old 09-07-2001, 12:55 AM   #10
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

what have te bard
and what have the thieve ( were is it ? )

and what do you do with sfere ? i have it but what to do with it ?