Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-01-2001, 02:15 PM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

...atleast in the early goings of the game, is Polymorph Self. I've got Nalia in my party, and that's all she's good for right now, besides standing back and launching arrows at trolls. I'm in the process of clearing her castle, and it's been a must for taking out those golems. Nalia duel weilding +1 Halberds with an AC of -7

Cast some stoneskin and mirror image before polymorphing, add milk, stir... instant tank.

Dulouz.
Old 09-01-2001, 10:06 PM   #2
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... sound pretty nice. I still prefer some of the other spells though, like fireball, magic missile, horrid wilting, and time stop, among others, and of course the lvl 10 spells you get if you have ToB (Dragon's breath, Improved Alacrity... bwahaha...). Polymorph Self sounds pretty good, though, as you described it, in that point of the game. One thing about the later game, though, is that a lot of things take higher than +1 weapons to hit. *shrug* Hmm... As a pure tank, that's not too bad, but I'd suggest switchingt o more heavily armed/armored fighter later on, since they can get an AC of -15 or lower, at least. And they have more hp/do better damage. Stoneskin, though, is useful all the way through the game. VERY nice spell.

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 09-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 09-01-2001).]
Old 09-01-2001, 10:12 PM   #3
Lestat
Manshoon

I never really used Polymorph self. It will most likely be obsolete later on in the game.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:24 PM   #4
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

I'll have to experiment a bit with that one...I've generally been a summoning freak- and early in the game, chaotic orb's the non-summoning spell I use the most. Then I generally have my mages use the spells to poke holes in the enemy's defenses, and have my clerics do the actual attacking with their offensive spells.

The spell I find I use the absolute most is Improved Invisibility. I just have this fondness for being sneaky.

------------------
Playing the cutest li'l Chaotic characters since 1996.
Old 09-03-2001, 01:31 AM   #5
dulouz
Manshoon

well, yeah, it would be more or less useless later on. but starting out, it's good to have something that can take the brunt of the damage alongside minsc. It seems also, that the creature that weilds the halberd is immune to poison, as it was able to stand in an Iron Golems poison gas cloud without being affected. The halberd strikes as +3 the manual says. I was wondering why she was doing damange to golems.

Summoning spells get boring i think, although 3 skeletons can be very helpfull sometime, not to mention elementals.
Old 09-03-2001, 01:37 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

fireball, lighting bolt, maybe i played quake too much
Old 09-03-2001, 05:50 AM   #7
Gedd
The Magister

yeh, i like polymorph self but only because of the slime..
100% magic resistance rocks...scared the hell out of Kangaxx as he tried to imprisone my slimed character as aerie threw melfs minute things at him
Old 09-03-2001, 02:17 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gedd:
yeh, i like polymorph self but only because of the slime..
100% magic resistance rocks...scared the hell out of Kangaxx as he tried to imprisone my slimed character as aerie threw melfs minute things at him
Pardon me?

If I recall correctly, Imprisonment ignores Magic Resistance.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-04-2001, 04:04 AM   #9
Gedd
The Magister

???
didn;t for me..
imprisonment has no save but when he cast it on me nothing happened
although come to think of it..maybe i had spell immunity cast aswell...

in which case, i apologise..