Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2000, 03:17 PM   #1
Jaide

Ok. I'm sure that this has already been covered. I'm stuck in the sphere, have killed the halflings & the golems & saughins. There is a room that I can't open by pick locks, needs a special key. I've found the arm for the golem but not the head. Thought that I have searched everywhere, but I can't leave the sphere, can't open the door or find the head of the golem? Help please

Also how long should I wait to go after Imomen? Should I do all the side quests first? If I don't, after I get to Imomen can I go back and do them? I'm a thief. I've cleared Nalia's Keep, Been to Windspear and met the dragon, freed the son, acorns to druids. Trademeet: killed the Rakasha and am heroes of Trademeet (cleared the druids grove)(I have not done anything with the feuding families), Helped Cernd get his son. Freed the slaves, Cleared Umar hills, but not the temple ruins. Helped the harpers, Xvar, Jahiera is no long a harper. Retrieved the book from the crypt.

How much more should I do before chapter 3? Figured as a thief I would do the theif guild quest and finish up the quest on who tried to bury the man alive. The tanner thing, I've confronted him and killed his friends under his shop, and met the man in Umar hills, but not sure where to go from there. Any suggestions? I don't want to end the game to soon and am not sure how much is left

Thank you

Old 10-16-2000, 09:01 PM   #2
Javalin Ironfist

Well, You should have discovered the Head of the gelom, havent you?! You have to get the head, along wif a instruction on how to rebuild the gelom. Then you go the room filled wfi the big bottles, rebuild the big buy, then it will open the door which you cant before. There is a elder beholder, and the gelom will fight it(ahaha, its handy for it). If I remember correctly, it sould goes like that. However, I was locked inside the sphere after that. I killed the cowrled wizards waiting for me downdstaids, and went to knock down the big boss(forgot his name) before he initated dialogue wif me, to near death...and then I stcuk there, in walkthrough, it says that he shoudl tell me to get the demon heart? I have searched the whold area and even the roof(I supppose it is?), where has a cool gelom....I cant find it...so I stuck there.

and....YOu dont have to fininsh all the minor quests before you go to rescue Imeom....You have two options here, once you get 15000 gp, you can either talk to the thief guy in slum distric, or (if you have the option) talk to Bohid in Graveyard during night..(evil option).That will lead you to chapter 3...

Old 10-17-2000, 12:03 AM   #3
lordkymil

man what i can say is this is a majorly huge game, don't worry about it ending too soon. you can do the side quests whenever, it might be better for you to do as much as you can earlier so that you level up as high as possible before you follow the critical path, because once you're out of athkatla it could be a while before you get back. and even if you start something in an earlier chapter you can finish it in a later chapter unless there is a specific time limit (which i haven't come across anyway).
but there are tons and tons and tons of quests so even if you do a shitload early there will be plenty more later.

Old 10-18-2000, 02:58 AM   #4
Styles

I believe that you have found the room which has the glass bottle where you build the golem. I myself at that point only had the arm as well. I then ventured into the other rooms and killed some creatures and found the head. I took the head back and created the golem who then opens that door in that room which is the one you were talking of. You can proceed on from there. In some of the rooms there are doors which are easy to miss. Check all north, south, east, west walls for a door. And check all rooms for compartments. I have found the centre where you put the heart but am still looking for the damn heart..

I attempted killing those halflings 10 times before i actually managed to do it without losing anyone. But i then lost my theif when fighting the wizards

Still in the sphere as i speak pondering my next move. Damn golemns!

Old 10-18-2000, 09:12 AM   #5
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

(OOC)
Styles - if you're still looking for a heart go back to the room initially to the east on the beginning level of the sphere where you have the aerial overview of where the planar sphere is currently. Notice anything different about it? Now go outside (exit isn't blocked any more) and see what you see. Oh yeah, and put some defensive spells up, or yer gonna git rocked
--/Asp
Old 10-18-2000, 11:37 AM   #6
lordkymil

all i can say is, golems and cloudkill make for a lethal (for them) mix. you might not even have to engage them in hand to hand combat. just let em suffocate (or whatever).